6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2011 7:57 PM by benbak RSS

send my New sling HD Pro to my family home oversea

ToyotaPower

Hello,

I just purchased New sling box HD PRO US spec. and i am planing to send it to my family oversea to connect it  to a receiver to watch  channels from oversea (Morocco.)

1) Do i need power convertor. from 110 to  220 ( its  confusion in box its says 110 to 240. and  in adapter it says 110 to 220 )  ????.

2)  I did all the setting here can they just conect it over there and it will work here ??? or they need to do all the setting steps again ????

3)  Morocco will be the new location for my new slingbox , and did not existe in the country list when you do the setting setup  to chose the country location its that problem ?????

• Re: send my New sling HD Pro to my family home oversea
          alanrichey42 Master
          1) Do i need power convertor. from 110 to  220 ( its  confusion in box its says 110 to 240. and  in adapter it says 110 to 220 )  ????.

No, but you might need a pin adaptor.  I have no idea what the power sockets are like in Morocco,

2)  I did all the setting here can they just conect it over there and it will work here ??? or they need to do all the setting steps again ????

They have to do it again, as part of the setup procedure is to configure the router, and that will be different.   And I guess the A/V device (cable/sat) will be different.

3)  Morocco will be the new location for my new slingbox , and did not existe in the country list when you do the setting setup  to chose the country location its that problem ?????

As far as I know they only ask for country so that the Program Guide is correct.  That won't be available for you, so you can pick any country.  USA should be fine, you just need to put a 'false' ZIP code and providor in.

• Re: send my New sling HD Pro to my family home oversea
            benbak

hi

I'm also planning to send it to morocco.

would you please let me know if it worked fine for you. I mean was the internet connection fast enough to let you watch channels in HD here in the US?

any tips are also welcome

thanks so much