2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 11:04 AM by kellieorr@shaw.ca Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Unable to reset my slingbox pro

imrich

I just hooked up a new Apple Time Capsule wireless router and cannot get my Slingbox to work with it. My Apple Air Port Extreme that I had and with which the slingbox worked fine, just died. I have an older Slingbox Pro.(appx. 5 years or so old) The router is up and running fine. There is a green signal indicator light on the ethernet jack I have the slingbox connected to. The power light on the slingbox is on, but the network light is off. I tried holding the reset button in for well over 5 seconds and nothing happens. I'm out of tricks, someone help please. Thank you in advance 

• Re: Unable to reset my slingbox pro
          rpmedina69

I have the same problem with my sling box. The power light is on, but the network light is not. My router sees the connection for a few seconds then the light on the router turns off. I tried to reset the slingbox, but nothing happens. I hold the reset button for well over 5 seconds but the power light stays on, no light on the network nor the slingbox logo. Im at my witts ends with this thing. Help.

• Re: Unable to reset my slingbox pro
              kellieorr@shaw.ca

I have the same problem and looked at replacing the power supply as indicated in may posts in the forum, i bought a generic power supply and tried that as well to no avail, because I live in Canada and could not order one from the online store. I decided to phone sling and try to order a power supply, they indicated that there was a problem and they would replace my sling pro for free... great... so I am waiting for the replacement, they indicated that there was a problem with the slingbox.

Update : Slingmedia repalced my Slingbox free of charge.. everything is working great for many months, even bought another one so i can give my old one to my family.