4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2011 5:18 AM by dbsguy RSS

Slingbox Solo - Very bad picture streaming SD over internet

mischm

Hi,

I have yesterday connected my Slingbox Solo with a normal SD receiver to the internet and it`s working but the picture is very very bad when I looking TV other the internet.

The upload speed at the interenet is 642 kbit/s where the Slingbox Solo is connected to. The internet download speed at the place I testet to watch TV with Slingbox Solo is 14500 kbit/s.

Before I bought the Slingbox Solo I read that I need 128 kbit/s upload speed at minimum to stream SD and when I have 512 kbit/s upload speed it would be enough to have a good picture.

As written I have upload speed at 642 kbit/s at the place where the Slingbox Solo is connected to the internet but the picture is really bad watching TV over the internet.

At this link http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000134 I now see that I need at minimum 600 kbit/s for SD streaming??? Is this correct?

What upload speed I need to get a "normal" good picture watching the SD-TV over the internet? Would be 1024 kbit/s enough?

BR

Michael