7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2017 5:08 PM by ms.T RSS

Setting up 350 again - stuck on "Initializing..."

eunciesu

I see that you have removed 350 support from the new desktop app, however it's not possible to set up a 350 on the web app - the desktop app is required.

When I try to set it up it just gets stuck on "initializing..." with no hope of advancing. This is NOT a network issue. I am a professional network engineer and have sniffed the traffic, the 350 makes calls out including to myip.sling.com.edgesuite.net successfully and issues UDP broadcasts which reach my laptop. There is a M1 on the same network working perfectly fine.

Can you please advise if it's actually possible to set this model up any more?

Thanks

• Re: Setting up 350 again - stuck on "Initializing..."
          djackow

I am having difficulties as well.  If you are getting stuck at initializing, then make sure that your computer is hard wired to the router and not wifi.  You may want to make static and change the slingbox lan IP.  Use a different computer to perform the startup.

I was getting stopped at initialization, changed the port and got past that.  Also, I turned off my second sling box (Pro HD) and set the pass through on my crappy Pace Uverse gateway.  I was getting stuck at the download of channels until I changed the laptop I was using to try to make the connection.  Again using a wired connection and not wifi.

Hope these things help and I also hope this time my changes stick.  I've gone through this process before on this current setup and my slingbox was set up until I changed channels using the internet interface after which the slingbox hung and would no longer show as connected.  This is such a miserable, time consuming experience owing partly to the poor ability to know where the issue is occurring.

Good Luck!

Seems to work now, so, after hours working from my desktop connected to the network by wifi, then many more working from a laptop connected to the network by wire, I switched to another laptop and was able to get past the issues in one try.  After getting the Slingbox 350 set up and confirmed both over the lan and over cellular, I again powered up the Slingbox Pro HD.  Both appear to be stable and are accessible.

If I have to do it again?  I will leave both disconnected for an hour or so. Configure the 350 router to port forward (Not sure of the port forward address, my IP has been designated for "Slingbox" ) - then connect the 350 performing a hard reset if necessary and giving it plenty of time to connect to the service. Then use a hardwire connected computer on the same switch or router as the 350 to run through the initialization and setup.  I'm not sure if sequencing matters, but for me, after my 350 is connected, I'll worry about the older slingbox that appears to have had less issues with initialization.

After watching for about 20 minutes the 350 lost connection and is no longer available intra or inter net.  Since I've been running both from this location for years, it must be AT&T's new gateway that is causing this problem

KAYAKG

I am having the same problem.  After 3 years working perfectly.  Right after big Windows 10 udate it did not work.  I did a hard reset of my 350 and TRIED to set it back up and now STUCK on initialization.

I don't know as much as you guys.  Is this the sort of thing the $29.99 help desk could fix?  Thanks ANYBODY for a soluation.

KAYAKG

I get this item after is time a TRY to update.  Does this mean anything to ANYBODY?

[0316/205049:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

[0316/205050:VERBOSE2:scheduler.cc(647)] Scheduler::ProcessScheduledActions: ACTION_NONE T 0 3 1 F F F 1 0

[0316/210626:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

[0317/070734:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

[0317/084831:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

[0317/085358:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

[0317/090217:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

[0317/093158:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

[0317/094232:ERROR:ipc_channel_win.cc(171)] pipe error: 109

[0317/094717:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

[0317/095927:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

[0317/115750:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

[0317/122157:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

[0317/130055:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(207)] Running without renderer sandbox

5pIGthqwha

Same issue and I'm stuck. Did anybody ever get it fixed?

ms.T Novice

Not sure if it will help, but I would make sure that if you have a Windows computer to make sure it is up to date on Microsoft. One of their updates did cause a lot of issues. They have since released an update that fixed that issue.