7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2011 12:16 AM by satisol7 RSS

Internet Viewing wont work??

drboost1

When I try to set it up manually, it walks me through all the steps for the port forwarding on my Netgear router, that is easy and goes well. Then when I re-test it automaticlly it keeps saying that it can not configure the internet viewing and to set it up manually (which I already did!!) . Not sure what to do at this point? Any help would be appreciated!

• Re: Internet Viewing wont work??
          drboost1

It is a Netgear WPN824 router if that helps. And it is the Slingbox AV. Home network works great, just can't get it to work anywhere else. Thanks again

Apprentice

Hi, drboost1

First, you must gather the IP address provided by the router for the Slingbox. You will get this information accessing "Attached Devices" on the left hand side panel, on the router interface. Then, you need to create the rule using this information. Finally, you must use the same IP address in order to finish the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing.

The following third-party link will provide you with the steps to follow in order to get this done. 

Port Forwarding SlingBox on the Netgear WPN824

drboost1

Did all that. Still doesn't work.  Thanks anyway, think I am going to just sell the system, don't really want to spend any more time on it.

chakkarinen Apprentice

It's possible that your router is frequently changing the local IP address that it assigns to your Slingbox, so that after you've forwarded Port 5001 to a specific local IP address, the Slingbox is not longer "there", so you can't connect to it.   Such changes in IP address don't bother computers, but the Slingbox is finicky.  If you've not done so already, I would suggest checking your router user manual for instructions on how to assign a static IP address to a device attached to it; then do this for the Slingbox.  Then forward port 5001 to the static ip address that you assign to the Slingbox.  Then power cycle both the Slingbox and the router, and see if you can connect again with the web interface and the Sling Player software from an internet link-up NOT within your local network -- such as from your local McDonalds or Starbucks.

RICHIE112

I can't seem to figure this out.  I can watch it on my phone when I'm at home but when I'm away it dosn't connect.  I don't know how to config the "port forwarding" on a Sagemcom Fast 1704 modem. Please help me on this.

Apprentice

Hi RICHIE112,

Even though this router is not listed at portforward.com you can check these links with some Sagem models, probably one of them have a similar Interface so you will be able to setup manually the port forwarding rule on the router.

Sagem Fast-2404

Sagem FAST-3001

Sagem Fast1500WG

Sagem Fast2504

Sagem Fast3302

Hope this helps

Regards

satisol7

I have been having the same exact problem for the past three days trying to get my Slingbox AV to connect outside of my network. The initial setup up was easy and then when the assistant tried to configure my router and test it for remote viewing it would not work. So it asked me for my router name (Belkin) and model (F5D8230-4) and it walked me through the whole port forwarding thing and I did the whole process and then finally tested it again it told me the same thing that my sling box could not connect to the network.....Ugh i seriously have spent hours looking through different links and posts and have tried everything. My connection type for my router is set to Dynamic does that make a difference? I've heard to put it on static but am not really sure. Please someone help!!! I seriously want to chuck this thing at the wall or sell it....