1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 16, 2011 4:53 PM by ranaleon RSS

Trying to redo setup on a Mac

stephensides

I have an older Slingbox AV (it's about three years old) and I haven't used it in quite a while.

I recently switched over to a Mac, and now I'm having trouble getting the thing to work again.

First off, the Slingbox is connected to my router through my home's electric wiring (I have a device similar to a SlingLink, but it's not the specific brand).  This may be my problem; these things may have stopped working.

In any event, the "network" light on my Slingbox keeps flashing - it doesn't stay solid, like it can't get an ethernet signal.  I'm trying to figure out why this is.  Everything is plugged in, everything looks good, but I can't seem to figure out why it won't connect.

I have a 2wire 2701HG-B modem for my AT&T DSL service, and when I go to the firewall and setup pages for it I can't seem to figure out if it's recognizing my Slingbox or not.  I know I need to set up "port forwarding" or something like that, but I have forgotten how and without desktop setup software for the Mac it's pretty difficult.

Can anyone help?  This may just be an issue with my SlingLink-like devices. but I want to make sure that's the case before I go buy a new set.

Many thanks.