2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2017 1:29 PM by bp96 RSS

Slingbox 350 P-31 error

mcartermedia

Hey Slingbox community,

Running into an issue with my Slingbox 350. My streaming light is off, and is the only one of my three lights off (other ones are working just fine). Every time I pull up my Slingbox through Slingplayer I get a P-31 error. Internet's working at both the source and where I'm located, and through the resources online I can't figure it out for the life of me. Any suggestions?

• Re: Slingbox 350 P-31 error
          bp96

Me too.  I am remote, so can not look at my lights, but can not connect.  It has been this way since this morning (I used it last night).

I can connect to my other devices in the remote house so I know the network there is OK and active.  I can see that the 350 is 'active' according to my router.  I am assuming/hoping some backend Slingbox server issue might exist and this will clear up soon.  Hope so, for it wont be for another month or so before I get back there and am missing access to my DVR and cable channels.

• Re: Slingbox 350 P-31 error
              bp96

Thought I would post an update in the event anyone finds this thread debugging a similar issue. 

Now that I have returned to my primary residence, after working this through to a fix, my issue was caused by a WiFi Media Bridge between my Slingbox and the Internet.  It was weird, as I could see that the Slingbox (and TV & DVD players) were getting an IP address assigned through DHCP through the primary router, so of course I made the assumption (bad of course), that data traffic was flowing and OK.  It took quit a bit of debugging to find it really wasn't working.  Anyway be bridge was 'cooked' and could not be accessed or reset, so it got replaced with a hardwired ENET switch and a CAT-6 cable through the basement all the way back to my router.  All is OK now.