1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 14, 2011 7:23 AM by Josebrenes RSS

requirements for set up of extending network

wswilkinson

just getting started and have not purchased anything yet. I need to send an internet signal from my basement where the cable modem/ internet access is to a remote room above my gagarge (My wireless router does not reach that far). i also want to send the internet signal in the room above the garage to both my wireless modem( which is an Apple Airport Extreme and thus has four eithernet "sends") and my Netflix box. The modem in the basement is already connected to a wireless router which serves the rest of the house nicely. So I am trying to create essentially a second wireless network from one source in the basement. I am a little confused as to what I actually need. Do I have the following correct:

1. I need a Slinglink Turbo 4 box in the basement. I send the internet signal from the cable modem to the slingLink Turbo 4 box.Plug in the Turbo 4 which sends the internet signal over the wire to the above the gagrage room. I also  send one of the 4 ethernet sends to my current wireless router (  the wireless router for the rest of the house is in this same room in the basement)

2. I need a Slinglink Turbo1 box in the room above the garage. connect this to the outlet to receive the internet signal.

3. Connect the Slinglink Turbo 1  box  to my Airport Extreme wireless router

( I don't think a slingbox is neccessary)

4. Connect the Airport Extreme to the Netflix box via ethernet

( the signal will not get too attenuated with this configuration?)

any response or help is appreciated;

Scott

wilkinsonmd@wilkinsoneye.com