1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 7, 2011 2:51 PM by byronomo RSS

Windows Media Center

kennyone

I have seen a lot of folks asking about Windows Media Center, but it doesn't seem that anybody is asking about what I want to know.

I have my Slingbox Solo connected to my Comcast cable box. I am able to watch on Slingplayer Mobile and through the web client. I have also tried an older version of the Slingplayer Windows application (for some reason, I can't find Slingplayer 2.0 anywhere, but that's possibly irrelevent). All of this is nice, though not ideal.

What I really want is to be able to watch my Slingbox stream within Windows Media Center. I am going to be away from home for a while, and I plan on setting up an HTPC, and I really enjoy the look of Windows Media Center, along with the Netflix support. Is this possible?

If not, is there another alternative to the web-based player?

• Re: Windows Media Center
          byronomo

I've been hoping that someone would develop this capability (accessing sling stream from within Media Center) for years, but it doesn't seem to exist.

What works best for me is using a slingcatcher at the remote location....but this solution has nothing to do with Media Center, unfortunately.