3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2011 3:17 PM by ranaleon RSS

Windows mobile to android.

inolepehc

i did search but it seems like the rest of the people is not exactly in my same position.

i read this also:  http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-1000194.html

but the thing is, i didn't purchase my registration key.  it was given to me for free as a way of saying thank you i guess when i participated in one of sling's beta groups.  they were testing slingplayer mobile 2.0 for windows mobile (not windows phone 7).

so now i got this new android phone (evo) and i was wondering if i can use that same registration key and if that is the case where i can download the app without having to pay for it since it seems to be the only option if i go the android market way.

TIA.

• Re: Windows mobile to android.
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

Obviously SlingMedia will have to answer that, but why would you get another free app when people who paid $30 for their first app are having to pay another $30 for their second app?

• Re: Windows mobile to android.
              inolepehc

jimfitzgerald wrote:

Obviously SlingMedia will have to answer that, but why would you get another free app when people who paid $30 for their first app are having to pay another $30 for their second app?

if i have to buy another one, i don't have a problem.

but initially, i thought it was going to be a matter of only download the android app and enter my registration key.  i found out it wasn't the case, i came here and learned about the different options regarding this situation in the link above.  well, none of them apply to me, so i thought "well, i better ask before making the mistake of spending my money when i could have used my same registration key".

does it hurt to ask? especially when that can save you money?