17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2011 4:26 AM by GaryMO RSS

Where

bigmoneygrip

I just purchased SPM for Android, and everything works fine.  I have no connection or control issues at all.  My only questions is where is the TV Guide? Am I expected to browse 140+ channels manually?

Kooly

• Re: Where
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

Yes.  You can pull up your cable company guide by tapping MISC and PROGRAM GUIDE.

bigmoneygrip

Thanks for replying, but your advice didn't work.  When I select MISC, the only options I have are Dot (whatever that is), Clear, Channel Down, Channel Up, and Last Channel.  No guide to be found anywhere.

Kooly

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

I have 22 buttons available under MISC.

GaryMO Newbie

Jim --  when I hit the program guide button, the guide does not come up.  I get the Charter Moxi menus.

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

Maybe you don't have the correct remote setup for your Charter cable box.  I have Charter cable with the Motorola DCH6200 cable box and everything works perfectly using my laptop or my Motorola Droid (1).

GaryMO Newbie

Jim --  I think there is a defect in the Sling code for the Moxi BMC remote.  I have always used the Moxi BMC9012 in the player, as selecting BMC9022 (which I own) simply doesn't work and it doesn't even give you the proper looking remote.  With the desktop player, everything has worked great doing it this way except the NEXT key, which I can live with. In the Android player, the Program Guide key simply does note work, which is a bigger deal.  Any Moxi/Android users out there with same problem?

bigmoneygrip

So what is up with the differnce in software versions?  Clearly we aren't using the same version.  I don't have 22 total buttons on my SPM.

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

I am using SlingPlayer version 1.2 on my Motorola Droid 1.

bigmoneygrip

Strange, because I am using 1.2 also.  Is there some way to directly contact Sling Media to have this addressed?

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

What Android device are you using and what version of Android are you running?

GaryMO Newbie

HTC Inspire 4G and android 2.2.1

bigmoneygrip

I am using the Samsung Galaxy S, Android version 2.2

Kooly

GaryMO Newbie

Jim -- Can Sling technical support look into the code for the Moxi BMC9012 remote and determine if there is a problem with the Program Guide button?

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

Sorry, I don't work for Sling.

GaryMO Newbie

Sorry.  I saw the Sling logo by your name and assumed you were an insider.  Any thoughts on my problem here?  You have a Charter Moto box and everything works fine.  Wonder why I'm have limited remote capability with the Charter Moxi.

alanrichey42 Master

GaryMO wrote:

Jim -- Can Sling technical support look into the code for the Moxi BMC9012 remote and determine if there is a problem with the Program Guide button?

If the Desktop Slingplayer/WebSlingPlayer has a working Program Guide button then it's nothing to do with the remote, as that is actually stored in the Slingbox and then accessed by all the viewing systems.   The problem must lie in the Android implementation of the Guide button.

Al

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

Except that I'm running SlingPlayer version 1.2 on my Motorola Droid 1 and I have a working guide button.  Actually, there are two of them.  If I press the Menu button on the bottom of my Droid, it brings up a bar across the bottom of my screen with six buttons.  The one on the far left is the guide.  Also, if I tap the screen of my Droid, it brings up the controls on all four sides of the screen.  On the top of the screen, there are 4 buttons.  The one of the far right is MISC.  If I press it, it brings up 22 buttons filling the lower half of the screen.  The top left button is Program Guide.    I am on Charter using a Motorola DCH6200 cable box.