4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2011 2:36 PM by christickler RSS

Slingcatcher stopped working

christickler

I have a slingbox in the UK and a slingcatcher in my home in Germany.

All has been working fine for years but in the last 2 weeks, the slingcatcher cannot connect (it just times out and says "network error".

On the same network in Germany, I can conenect using both a Mac and Windows box using a web browser, so there is nothing wrong with the remote viewing options - and it all used to work fine.

What has changed so the slingcatcher doesn't work anymore?

The web browser on the Mac and PC both take a really long time to connect (Mac about 30 seconds, Windows about 1 minute).  Both of these used to be pretty instant as well

Chris

• Re: Slingcatcher stopped working
          callanish Apprentice

You could have lost your port forward settings on your home router. Have you tried using the windows slingplayer software, pressing alt.shift.i on your computers keyboard and see what type of stream comes up. TCP, then it's not a port forwarding issue. SNATT and RELAY will most definitely mean that the slingcatcher will have nothing but network problems connecting. Could someone do a complete slingbox / router / modem power reboot procedure at your slingbox U.K location to see if its just a temporary UPNP issue.

Highwinder

I have a smiliar issue, the slingcatcher abroad has worked fine for over 4 months but last week it stopped working saying network issues. At the same location the SlingPlayer on the PC works fine. I have rebooted the Slingbox and router its attached too at home and checked that ports are forwarded correctly on the router but still the Slingcatcher doesnt work. When I try the alt.shift.i on the software it shows the stream type as TCP.

What else could have caused the slingcatcher to stop working?

christickler

It was a UPNP issue.  The router in the UK had been replaced and the port forwarding for the TCP stream was going to a non-existant address (due to the router also being the DHCP server).

I updated the port forwarding on the router to be the new address of the sling box and it worked fine.

Thanks for the tip

Chris

mrooke

I too have used my Slingcatcher in Eastern Europe and have just come here for a 3 week holiday and now it doesn't work. What has changed Slingmedia?

Looking through your knowledge base and according to that, it's an easy fix but you have to be on the same network where the Slingbox is connected. Not much use to me right now.