4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2011 7:21 PM by patyoung RSS

Video wont display in "Auto or Best/HD"

GKinsman

Video used to work fine while in auto mode but for some reason now when its in auto i just head the audio and my connection shows about ~90kbps or so. If I switch to Better or Best then the video comes on and my connection speed goes back up to ~7000-9000kbps. Same thing happens when I select HD. The video will cut out and audio will still be there but then my connection goes back down to under 100kbps. Does anyone know whats happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Video wont display in "Auto or Best/HD"
          rkorkie

I am having the exact same issue and it just happened after the most recent web-based slingplayer update a couple weeks ago. It used to work awesome, now, not so much. I thought it could be an Adobe Flash player issue, perhaps using hardware acceleration was the problem. I couldn't directly disable the acceleration with the Sling ActiveX control, but I disabled it by going to the Adobe Flash test site, and right-clicking the control and disabling acceleration. But, no avail. My first clue that it was using the GPU was that my video driver started crashing and the fan was going full tilt. I have an older Dell m1330 with Nvidia 8400M GS. So, it can almost do GPU accelerated HD, but not quite, especially with Flash Player 10.3. My Flash was out of date back to 10.1, but that wasn't the issue. I updated to the latest NVidia Win7 64 Notebook driver, that didn't fix it.

I tried deleting the Flash Player folder in the %Appdata%/adobe folder, but that didn't work. I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing the activex control. What the heck is going on here. This new version of the online Slingplayer is no good for me!!! HELP!

• Re: Video wont display in "Auto or Best/HD"
            rkorkie

OK, I have just been able to reproduce this behavior. Might be nice if Sling knows about it. When you use the Sling desktop software (2.0.4), close it, then switch to the web player, the web player will no longer display video in Auto or Best/HD, you only see a picture in Best or less. Resetting the Slingbox on the back of the player is the only way I've found to fix the problem. Rebooting it alone did not help. I hope that sheds some light?!