13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2011 5:02 AM by sparker11 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Network Light is Off

airolgmd

I've had my Slingbox ProHD for a long time and it has works all this time. Now, the Network Light is off and I've done all the things suggested. Reset it and router. Checked the Windows XP and it's in the exception for the firewall. Slingbox is in the router file (the 192.168.1.1) place.  What else can I check?  How can I find out if it's toast? It's hardwired directly to my router.  I just can't get that darned light to come on. <grin>  I did upgrade my firmware, but I truly believed it worked after that, but not sure. I also have an laptop, iPad and iPhone that it used to work all those places, too. Help!!!!

Thanks for suggestions.

• Re: Network Light is Off
          dbsguy Apprentice

Try resetting and reconfiguring your slingbox all over again by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the slingbox.

airolgmd

I did that so many times and nothing happens. My network light never came back on like the instruction said it would. So, since my light won't come on, there's nothing I can do on my computer that will help. I remember a dialog box popping up once that asked me if I want to continue blocking my Slingbox and I said "no." I was surprised it asked me because I'd not blocked it. Anyway, if I don't have a light, it's not on the network, so anyway else to connect to my network? It just stopped working after years. Is there nothing else I can do? Do you think it's toast?  Seriously, I read everything to do that I could find and tried it all. Resetting it was so on the top of the list and it didn't help. I have a brand new Slingcatcher that I've never opened, could I figure out how to test it with that? I bought it and then discovered I'd need a cable, so it's just sitting here. I didn't realize how much I used my Slingbox...

dbsguy Apprentice

A couple of things to try.

1. Try resetting your router first wait until it all connects back up then reset your slingbox again.

If that doesn't work, then move to step 2.

2. Replace your power supply on the slingbox as that may be the underlying culprit. Once replaced reset and try again and you may be surprised to find it working once again to your satisfaction.

And to answer to your question above; no, you can not use your sling cather to test if the source slingbox can't connect as in your senario.

airolgmd

Do you think I could use the power supply that came with the Sling Catcher?

Step 1 didn't work.

Although, the power light is on, one would think the power supply is working.

Message was edited by: airolgmd

dbsguy Apprentice

Yes, the slingbox pro hd, solo and sling catcher all use the same power supply. You can swap it out to the new power supply and report back after following my advice above....

airolgmd

Still doesn't work.

Plugged it in and it didn't work. Reset the router and made sure it was working, then plugged it in again and still nothing. Anything else to try?

***Although, I want to mention that the power supply from the Sling Catcher had a label attached that it wasn't compatible with Slingbox Pro (nothing about the Slingbox Pro-HD, though).

NeilK

My light is off too and nothing works to fix it- I get a note saying remote streaming is not enabled on this device

Frustrated !

Kennedk Newbie

I had the same problem after about 6 months of use, replaced the powersupply as well but did not fix the problem, I did have a LAN cable that ran thru the house to my router, had a LAN cable tester test my cable and found THE CABLE had a BROKEN wire part way thru its route, anyway replaced the cable and WOW it worked and has not stopped since.   My point rule out ALL cables and connections, LAN cords do bend alot and can break at ANY TIME.  BEFORE you give up.

Ed1010

I am having the same problem.  I have checked my lan cables as well as reset the unit and checked the power supply.  Everything is working OK except that the lan light is off and I get an upside down U flashing intermittantly.  The unit worked for about 4 months and then this came up.  Any ideas on what to do next.  I tried calling to pay for tech support but never got off hold.

sparker11

Ed1010, my problem ended up being the box itself. After an hour on hold and a $50 2-year warranty extension, I finally got through to someone to walk me through the same steps that are in the book and online. Slingbox ended up sending us a new box at no charge and we received it in 3 business days. Hope this helps.