5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2011 8:51 AM by dbsguy RSS

Slingbox AV an CCTV

kerbouchard

Trying to set up remote viewing with an AV. System has a SamsungSHR-2042Hard driverecorder.I can see it if I amwirelessly on the same networkso I have video from theslingbox.when i manually configure router go through all the steps and hit test it says it will not work.Any suggestions?

• Re: Slingbox AV an CCTV
          Apprentice

Hi Kerbouchard,

You just need to setup the Internet Viewing rule manually on the router and then run the setup once again (Manually), take a look at these links

How to use the Slingbox Network Setup Assistant to help configure your router

Internet Viewing Help

Let us know how it works

Regards

kerbouchard

How exactly do I set up internet viewing rule manually?I have manually configured the router half a dozen timesalways tells me it is not configured and starts me over.get me out of this chinese fire drill please.

Apprentice
                  I have manually configured the router half a dozen times

After configuring the router, did you confirm that the port is opened? You can confirm that here, you just need to change the port number (not the remote address). If the port is still closed, you can try a different port (create another rule) and confirm that you have a public IP on the router's Status page (Default Gateway). If you have a private IP (it starts with 192, 172 or 10), you will need to setup also the modem with this steps

Help setting up Internet Viewing when you have multiple routers

After doing this, just run the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing manually and confirm that you have the same IP on the Player and the router

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-1000224.html

Regards

kerbouchard

You are confusing me more. Near as I can tellIhave done all this before.I run the setup assistant manually configure router,it says it is not working. I run that port test it says it is closed. What port am i testing? Does nont match any I see on setup. Set up makes me set 5001.What is port 80?Says 67.176.67.8 on Port 80 is closed. Can you just give me step by step directions to fix this?I do not have multiple routers. why would this link help me? Step by step in plain english would help. Thanks.

dbsguy Apprentice

By default your slingbox tries to use port 5001

The slink provided above to test your ports lets you put in 5001 in lue of the filled in port 80 and checks your ip address as to the ports condition (open or closed).

I assume the test will come back saying the port is closed.

Manually configure your roputer from your routers web browser access page (consult your routers manually for how to log in). then make a port forwarding rule assigneing port 5001 to be directed to the internal ip address assigned to your slingbox by the router. after doing so, make sure you save and apply the rule.

After doing so, rerun the slingbox manual setup wizards internet viewing selection and see what happens then.