4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2011 2:01 PM by ACC213754 RSS

Unanble to setup program guide

hqian

When I click on "Set Up Program Guide" button in slingbox setup, all I get is a spinning icon. Nothing happens. I couldn't setup favorites either.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.6, using Firefox 3.6.13, located in the U.S. Slingbox's software is up to date. Using slingbox's tuner to receive over the air broadcast.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Helen

• Re: Unanble to setup program guide
          Apprentice

Hi, hqian

As the first step, we recommend you to check if your computer meets the requirements. This link will allow you to check this information.

Tech Specs for the Slingbox PRO HD

Then, we recommend you to use the SlingPlayer software in order to set up your Slingbox for Internet Viewing.

SlingPlayer for Mac

Once you finish this process, you will be able to get the remote connection using the web-based application through www.slingbox.com

hqian

Thanks for your response. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I have no problem viewing via slingbox.com, nor using the "remote" the change channels. I followed your advise and downloaded the slingplayer for mac, was able to set up and view through the destop app. And also able to set up the favorite list in the app.

My main problems are such:

1. When viewing via iPhone app, getting a error message saying unable to download the favorite list. And then unable to set up a favorite list on the iPhone app.

2. Unable to set up some sort of favorite list for viewing in the browser.

I thought perhaps the program guide was the key to solve those issues. However, I wasn't able to set up the program guide. It becomes unresponsive when I click the set up program guide button in the browser setup menu. This behavior did not change after I downloaded and setup the slingbox using desktop app.

Please advise on how I can eliminate the error message and set up the favorites in the iPhone app.

Thanks.

ACC213754

Same issue here too. Any help from the support guys out there? Hello?