4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 5:00 PM by jtarheel RSS

Motorola XOOM

csa02221862

General consensus is that the Sling Mobil on the Motorola Xoom is terrible!!!

It has very poor video quality, freezes frequently, and sometimes emits a loud SQUEAL!! when it unfreezes.

Any one else have any experience yet?

Works great on my Droid X

This app need to be completely re-written for the android 3.0 tablets

Rich

• Re: Motorola XOOM
          JStu313

I have a Xoom (connecting to a Slingbox Pro) and haven't had any issues with freezes and/or squealing; I'm only connecting on WiFi though.  So far the experience is similar to what I'm used to on my EVO.  So far, so good!

schaferlive

It has been working wonders for me.  Even on the 3G.  Anyone interested in seeing the Slingplayer App for Android devices on the Xoom.  Check out my youtube video below.

I agree we should get a custom app for the Xoom to take advantage of the higher resolution but the current quality is pretty good and since it doesn't cost extra for me( I already purchased it for my phone)  i can't complain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-i-TA5J3M

RJS

Installed the app on my Xoom and it worked fairly well for two days.  Picture quality could be better.  My concen is that this morning I tried to start the app and got as far as "logging on" for a few seconds then was returned to the Home screen on the Xoom.  Additional trys got immediate return to the Home screen.  Can the app be Un-installed and re-installed without paying again?  I am sure it can but just wanted some reasurrance before I trashed the current installation.

jtarheel

I just installed slingplayer for tablets. 

My problem, it won't accept my login.  I can login from my Mac.

I tried to set up the player, but then I run into a brick wall accepting the license.  There is no where to click to Accept.  I can't go forward without doing that.