2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2017 11:56 PM by mmmt RSS

use slingbox in Germany

jmnyc

Hi all,

I am considering getting a slinbbox and setting it up at my mother's place in Germany. Would I be able to watch German TV from my mac in the US? Not sure, whether or not a cable box is absolutely neccessary for the slingbox, since we dont have those in Germany. We connest via Satelite and just plug in a TV cable from a jack in the wall directly into the TV.

Also, would my mom still be able to watch TV, no matter what I am streaming on my computer?

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thank you!

Jasmin

• Re: use slingbox in Germany
          Novice

Hi jmnyc!

In order to watch the German TV while being in United States, you will need to purchase and install a Slingbox on Germany. If you purchased a Slingbox PRO-HD, you will have the option to connect it using a coaxial cable, therefor no audio/video devices are needed. This way you will also not interfere the programming at the Slingbox location.

Feel free to access the following links for additional information:

Installing and Setting up your Slingbox

Best regards.

• Re: use slingbox in Germany
              mmmt

Hello.  I bought a Slingbox M1 in Germany and directly connected to a Tv while German Tv already seems to have a cable box function installed, but I have a problem setting up my account with the location.  Germany does not come up in the set up location.  How can I proceed from here?

Mmmt