8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2011 11:56 AM by tkorthuis RSS

Slingbox PRO-HD and CISCO CIS430

copolii

Hello,

So I'm a Telus customer and have a CISCO CIS430 HD PVR, but can't get the slingbox to control it.

I've tried other cisco codes to no avail.

I've also downloaded the C2010_PV and C2010_PL files and put them in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV and tried to use custom code C2010, again no dice.

Am I doing something wrong? missing something?

The whole thing is kinda pointless if I can't control the slingbox.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

• Re: Slingbox PRO-HD and CISCO CIS430
          alanrichey42 Master
          I've also downloaded the C2010_PV and C2010_PL files and put them in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV and tried to use custom code C2010, again no dice

You don't say whioch Custom Remote files you used, but I guess it was one of mine at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8816 ?

If so, the instructions say :

"If you have problems please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report the following:....."

Your 'no dice' comment doesn't really cuts the mustard does it ?

Care to try again ?

Al

copolii

Thanks for your reply.

Yes these were your files from another forum.

here are the answers to the 6 questions:

1.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Power button ?

Custom Code not found

2.   Did you give the Power command plenty of time to react ?  (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)

yes, a few minutes, I also tried ignoring it because I read that some boxes fail the power test

3.   After completing the setup (regardless of whether the Power button worked) do any of the other buttons work ?

Nope ... I tried to change the channels, but that didn't work either ... no response from the box ... I don't even see the numbers typing on the screen.

4.   Have you used a Digital Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ? 

Yes, nothing happens, but I doubt the box even gets to the stage where it would attempt to send out the signal (because of step 1)

I put 3 Volts across the IR Blaster plug and the diodes do light up, so the connections are fine.

5.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ?  On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly.

I don't think this is relevant yet, but yes I've used all 4 diodes each covering a section of the box's front

6.   If nothing works check out http://betaremotes.slingbox.com where you might be able to build your own remote.

This site says my device does not support learning remotes

For some reason, just now I no longer get a list of devices regardless of which category I choose ... 5 minutes ago I could choose Cisco from the list ... now I only have 'other'

Your turn

alanrichey42 Master
                  1.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Power button ?

Custom Code not found

Ok, everything else is irrelevant.  This means the Setup Assistant is not seeing the RV & PL BIN files in the \SBAV\ folder, so that it your first thing to check.

For some reason, just now I no longer get a list of devices regardless of which category I choose ... 5 minutes ago I could choose Cisco from the list ... now I only have 'other'

That's a concern, if you search on this forum you will see that is a symptom of Slingbox failure.  And that would also explain the error message as well.  I have seen occasions where a reset of the Slingbox cures the problem, so you might want to try that,

copolii

Alright, I did a reset and they came back, but I still get the 'Custom code not found' error ... am I missing a step?

I'm on Widows 7 x64

so this is what I did:

1. Copy the 2 .bin files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV
                      2. Start the setup assistant and advance to configure video sources
                      3. I enter my postal code and pick Telus Optik (non-rebuild) from the providers
                      4. I confirm my TV listings and continue on to pick my device
                      5. I pick "Cable box" instead of DVR
                      6. I pick Cisco in the Brand and 'Other' as the model
                      7. From the code selection I pick Custom Code and enter "C2010" in the box and I click Power
                      8. It takes a while and then it says "Custom code not found"
                      9. I mumble something nasty and start over ...

I even tried copying the files to C:\Program Files\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV despite the fact that I'm on a 64 bit machine .... I'm out of ideas!

I also tried creating a "C2010" folder under SBAV and putting the files there ... didn't help

Thanks

alanrichey42 Master

You seem to be doing everything right.  The only times I have seen this before is with the very first batch of Slingboxes that were sold years ago, and used a different IR chip, and when the Slingbox itself is faulty.

There is something else we can try but I am not allowed to discuss it on this forum so send me an e-mail to alan@rmrsoft.com

copolii

So, to report back a semi-solution:

Code  27 in the 'Cable' category works, but the guide won't come up ... everything else seems fine.

I'd rather use the Sling-EPG anyway ... the video stream is buffered so the guide would be slow and delayed.

Thanks Alan.

copolii

Looks like I've got a wonky one here ... all of a sudden my remote is gone.

Looks like they don't make these like the old ones ... never had this many problems with the SB classic!

What are my other options? Who else makes something similar?

I'd prefer something that i can use on my mobile too (Android)

I also can't revert it to an older firmware:

New SlingPlayer says I can't install an older one and when I edit the version it says connection lost after a little bit

Old SlingPlayer seems to do something and takes its sweet time doing it, only to time out after SB reboot

Gonna try and exchange it and if that doesn't fix it, I'll return it for now and find another solution

tkorthuis

Hi, I just had the same issue with my TELUS OptikTV setup. I found the correct remote using the ATT Uverse - see https://community.sling.com/click.jspa?searchID=141932&objectType=2&objectID=58001