3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2011 5:08 AM by dbsguy RSS

No Audio with SONY blu-ray player

professorsherine

Hi, I have a slingbox solo and it works great on my MAC slingplayer with my television connection.  I've also connected a SONY blu-ray player and I am able to remotely control the blu-ray player and to watch the video.. but I cannot hear the audio.  I have connected the audio cables from the slingbox directly into the blu-ray player and still nothing.  Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

• Re: No Audio with SONY blu-ray player
          dbsguy Apprentice

rerun the setup wizard on the solo and you need to specify either the digital or analog conenction as the sound source being used for that input.

professorsherine

Hi thanks for the info - I tried doing this and it didn't work.  I should have mentioned that I do have video playing from the dvd blu-ray player on the slingplayer mobile but I am hearing the audio from the DVR television component at the same time.

Do I have wires hooked up incorrectly?

dbsguy Apprentice

The slingbox solo is meant for only 1 piece of equipment to be connected to it. It incoporates a component video input conenction as well as svhs and composuite connections; however only 1 set of audio inputs. You must be connecting the blu-ray to the "output" connection by mistake if you still hear audio from your cable box.

You can however do a "cheat" or "workaround" by buying *@) rca y adapter cables (1 male to 2 female output configuration).

By plugging these adapters into the left and right audio inputs on the back of the solo, you then have 2 left and 2 right input connections. HOWEVER only one connected device can be on at the same time.

For example, if you are watching the blu-ray, you need to turn off the cable box; otherwise the audio will overlap and cause issues and potetial hardware failure.

The "REAL" solution is to change out your slolo for an HD PRO which alls the conenction of multiple devices and has seperate audio inputs for each; not to mention picking up HD picture quality thoughout your own network and remotely (as long as your upload speed can support those resolutions).

Look closely at the back picture of your solo here and you'll see there is only 1 set of audio inputs; NOT 2:

http://download.slingmedia.com/web/press/slingbox-SOLO-back.jpg