28 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2011 5:08 PM by saqeeb90 RSS

code

potty179

I need a code for the I-Link IS-8000 digital satellite receiver so i can operate online

• Re: code
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

saqeeb90

hi i have same problem pls help

i converted my nano2 to ilink

and  instructions says

Now go into Slingplayer and run Setup Assistant and 'Configure Video Sources'.  Work through the screens Making sure you select 'Satellite Receiver' as the device type (regardless of the type of your device).

This time use 'Other' as the Manufacturer and the Model

but i can't find other ....as manafacture

alanrichey42 Master

Which SLingplayer are you using ?

saqeeb90

slingbox pro hd ......slingplayer version 1.4

(red one )

its working fine with nano2

but the problem is i can't change the channels through remote on laptop

2nd problemm i am having is i can't set up my remote location through home...

i am using dlink wbr1310 which is not in list of dlink

i setup fort wardwing using general knowledge as other dlink but no luck

so pls if u can help me in these two problems i will be glad

i already put necessary files

S2010_PL.bin and S2010_RV.bin

into your /Applications/SlingPlayer/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant/Contents/Resources/SBAV/

thx again

alanrichey42 Master
                          slingbox pro hd ..

(red one )

I actually said Slingplayer, not Slingbox, so I will try again.   Which Slingplayer ?

2nd problemm i am having is i can't set up my remote location through home...

i am using dlink wbr1310 which is not in list of dlink

i setup fort wardwing using general knowledge as other dlink but no luck

so pls if u can help me in these two problems i will be glad

i already put necessary files

S2010_PL.bin and S2010_RV.bin

into your /Applications/SlingPlayer/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant/Contents/Resources/SBAV/

Can't help you on the router, I can't even get mine working properly.

saqeeb90

sorry sling player version 1.4.0.26

alanrichey42 Master

OK, so having put the BIN files in that folder and you run the video setup what happens ?

saqeeb90

hi ok i upgreaded my verison to 1.4.20

on configurign video device

it says sattelite reciver ..then it ask me to enter zipcode ..

when i enter zip code it only gives me option for bell and few recicever

no fta reciever ...

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I know nothing about Macs as I am a PC fanatic.  But in the PC, when you enter the ZIP code the next box has NOTHING to do with your FTA device, it is asking who your TV provider is.. This is to make sure you get the right program guide, so for an FTA box you aren't going to get that anyway so just select any providor you like.  The next screen will ask you for manufacturer, model number...

saqeeb90

no i don't even get the video its audio only

alanrichey42 Master

Why are you trying to do the remote then ?   if you aren't getting video that is a totally different problem.  You need to check the connections

saqeeb90

i mean first video was working but then ...when i upoladed software now i am not getting video either..

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I am lost now.   As I said before I know nothing about Macs so someone else is going to have to help you with the video problem.  Once you have that sorted I will come back to help with the remote.

saqeeb90

ok video problem is fixed

i am using pc

here is what is happening

when i go to video source

it says sat

then select manafacture i can't find other

the list has sonicview , nfusion

but not the ilink fta reciever that i am looking for and i download the file and put in swab folder  (s2011 pl.bin)

file ..

for sling player i am using version 1.5.03

pls help

alanrichey42 Master

OK, the instructions assume you are using the latest Slingplayer 2.0, but I just checked out V1.5 and this is what I see at the bottom of the manufacturer list:

Image1.jpg

Are you not seeing this ?

saqeeb90

hi thx for helping see atached microsoft word  screen shot

alanrichey42 Master

That isn't Slingplayer, it is the web-based plug in.   I don't know which Custom Remote you are using but in mine the instructions specifically say

"(These instructions assume you have installed the standalone Slingplayer on your PC/MAC, as you cannot install Custom Remotes from the Web-based player.  If you do not have the program see http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us or http://support.slingbox.com/go/dl-mac-desktop)"

saqeeb90

hi thx you for ur pateince and helping out

i downloaded new web player it says other now ..

i downloaded the two files for my converted cnx nano2 to ilink

then i went to that sbav folder copy the files and pasted in to sbav folder

but still can't make it work

select 'Custom' and then type S2010 (NOT s2010, the code is case-sensitive) in the newly appeared Custom Code window (or use the Alternative Code window in the MAC).  Then complete the setup as normal.  Note that some devices (Comcast DTA for example) do not support Power On/Off so will fail the power test.  Just ignore it and carry on.

alanrichey42 Master

What part of that don't you understand ?

saqeeb90

lol..

i mean when i click custom and when i enter the stuff what it says its not working...

alanrichey42 Master

No it doesn't, there is no such error message.   What EXACTLY does it say ?

saqeeb90

it says custom remote could not be found pls select different remote

i am doing all this by using sling player ...by clicking on setup assistant and then configuring outputs

alanrichey42 Master

OK, that message means it is not seeing the 2 BIN files in the \SBAV\ folder.   Are you really sure they are in the correct location ?

The only other possibility is that you are using a VERY old Slingbox Classic, one of the first batch out of the factory?

saqeeb90

FINALLY ..success thx you Alan

just one last question..

i am using remote location..when i use sling player the audio is not working

but when i use sling web based player evrerythign works fine

and is there any custom button for nano2 ...like fav etc..

i haveent' tried everything yet

again thx you so much for being pateince and helping out

AlRichey Novice

FINALLY ..success thx you Alan

So what was the problem ?   We need to know so other people don't make the same mistake

i am using remote location..when i use sling player the audio is not working

but when i use sling web based player evrerythign works fine

Sorry, I only understand remotes

and is there any custom button for nano2 ...like fav etc..

Nano 2 ?   I thought we were discussing iLink ?

Which Custom Remote are you using ?  URL ?

saqeeb90

no everything is seems ok now ...

so here is what can help next person if he has same problem..

firs of any older sling player version wont work...there is no other function on previous version

and there is no direct link to download newest version ..

sling team should make it easier to download newest version ..it says sling player for windows but u don't actually see the download link...

the secound thing was there is differenc between sling media player

and watch on website .slingbox.com

i was doing  video setup on sling media website but it wasn' working ..

also lets say u download the file on ur desktop u need to cut and paste in to ur sbav folder

and use media player and do custom setting from there...

took some time to play around with it ..

but its a good investment and now i am enjoying my favorite tv...from usa and my tv is in canada

so ...