5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2011 9:33 PM by dbsguy RSS

slingbox solo no cable tv

Chris777200

Hello,

I have the slingbox solo and do not have cable tv.  I am using an HD antenna at home and would like to connect this to the Slingbox solo but the Solo doesn't have a coax cable connector.  What are my options besides upgrading to the HD Slingbox?  If i get a used Tivo box without a subscription can i use that?  Please let me know what options i have?

• Re: slingbox solo no cable tv
          dbsguy Apprentice

You could use any digital to analog converter. Connecting the antenna to the d/a converter, then out of the d/a to the slingbox's composite inputs.

OR

You would use anything with a digital tuner such as a VCR, DVD recorder, etc in the same manner.

OR

As you mentioned you could return your slingbox solo and opt for more appropriate slingbox pro HD model which incoporates a analog and digital tuner (capable of ATSC and QAM signal decoding). This would be a better fit for your needs, less complicate the setup and provide an HD viewing experiance both in netwrok and remotely (given your upload speed is suffiennt to support it).

Chris777200

Thanks

BradM32751

Hello, I am having a similar problem in that my nice plasma tv does not have any video outputs whatsoever.  I have tried connecting the coax to a vcr, but it does not receive a signal for some reason... I do not know why but I can at least see the blue screen with channel 4  on the website.  I was wondering if there is a coax to composite/component converter or adapter out there... I've seen lots of modulators that take composite and put it into coax but no small adapters the other way around.  This would help me out a lot because I have yet to get Sling to work on my new Samsung Focus.  Thanks

*I have seen demodulators but they are large and seem much more expensive for some reason.  Maybe i just need a dvr in my room too.

shiamo58

If I connect slingbox to DVD recorder, am i able to change channel through computer?