1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 26, 2011 1:05 PM by Fofo RSS

Slingbox HD and Slingcatcher

sorenmt84

Hallo,

I will like to strem TV from one house to another - therefore - slingbox :-) - so far so good.

But I have some qustions...

I will like to use the build in tuner - so I dont need to have some sort of box attached. Is it correct if I use the tuner, that I then can watch tv on my computer, iphone and ipad - AND changes between the stations from any of the sources?

At my workplace, I will juse the sling function a lot, therefore I thinking to get a slingcatcher there, so I dont need a pc to watch tv - Is it correct understod of me, that if I connet a slingcatcher to my tv there (and internet of course) - I then can pair/connect the slingcatcher with the slingbox, so I can watch tv with that, like its was a local tv tuner there is connect to the tv (control the sound, changes channels and so on)

I also have a Windows 7 Media Center, is there anyway to get the signal into that (fx with a slingcatcher) so I can record the signal?

Ore is there another way to record the signals from the slingbox?

Regards

Søren

Denmark

• Re: Slingbox HD and Slingcatcher
          Apprentice

Hi Sorenmt84,

I will like to use the build in tuner - so I dont need to have some sort of box attached. Is it correct if I use the tuner, that I then can watch tv on my computer, iphone and ipad - AND changes between the stations from any of the sources? 

You can use the built in tuner connected directly to the wall, but if you also have a cable box, satellite receiver or a DVR; you can control it locally or remotely since it will use the IR cable to send the signal.

At my workplace, I will juse the sling function a lot, therefore I thinking to get a slingcatcher there, so I dont need a pc to watch tv - Is it correct understod of me, that if I connet a slingcatcher to my tv there (and internet of course) - I then can pair/connect the slingcatcher with the slingbox, so I can watch tv with that, like its was a local tv tuner there is connect to the tv (control the sound, changes channels and so on)

Basically with the SlingCatcher, you will have the same features like the ones that you have on your computer, change channels, turn off/on the TV source at home, etc.

I also have a Windows 7 Media Center, is there anyway to get the signal into that (fx with a slingcatcher) so I can record the signal?

Ore is there another way to record the signals from the slingbox?

This feature is not supported (record video/audio using the computer), but you can make it work with the Windows 7 Media Center, take a look at this thread,

https://community.sling.com/message/9255#9255

Regards