1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 11, 2011 7:22 AM by dispencer RSS

Connecting SlingCatcher without a router?

CAF275

I have a problem! We just moved house and the room the TV and SlingCatcher are in has no internet connection.  The router is upstairs, although there is another phone/internet extension in the main hallway.

Can the SlingCatcher connect wirelessly to the router? If there's no built-in wireless capability, I see there's a couple of USB ports on the back, so I was wondering if I could get one of those plug-in adapters, although I've never found them that reliable connecting computers to a wireless router.

If no wireless option, the other option would be to get an extension cable run from the hallway extension.  Would this work if there is no direct connection to a router?

Sorry if these questions sound a bit daft, but I miss my TV and had it all working beautifully before we moved!

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Connecting SlingCatcher without a router?
          dispencer Novice

"so I was wondering if I could get one of those plug-in adapters, although I've never found them that reliable connecting computers to a wireless router."

I've had little success with these power line adaptors, and stringing a long ethernet cable was not a practical option.  I use a wireless bridge/game adapter to connect my Slingcatcher wirelessly to the router.  Works perfectly. (I use a Netgear WEG111, but any similar product should work.)