1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 7, 2011 11:14 PM by callanish RSS

How do I fix Sling box not set up for remote viewing message?

tyac77

It seems that I have to open Port 5001 on my ATT modem.  anyone know how to do this remotely as I am in florida and my sling box is in CT. Thanks  Tom

• Re: How do I fix Sling box not set up for remote viewing message?
          callanish Apprentice

If you don't have anyone tech savvy enough to do the remote setup process for you in CT, get someone to install the free logmein software on a laptop or computer either at your house or from a friends laptop. Get them to sign into your CT home network. Take over their computer remotely. Run the sling software setup. When you get to the point where you manually port forward the settings, sign in to your router and change the settings.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ATnT/6800G/SlingBox.htm

The above is just a guess on your AT&T router info. Once you've done the port forwarding, finish the sling setup. Hopefully, you'll be successful with remote viewing after that.

www.logmein.com

Free software, just create an account

You won't be able to do it remotely, so the above is my only suggestion. The alternative is having someone you know do it for you in CT.