9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2011 8:04 AM by Fofo RSS

Constant pausing on I4, yet fine on PC on same network

smithy37

HI All,

I am relatively new to the Slingbox and was amazed yesterday, but not so today

I connected my Slingbox Solo to my SKY+HD PVR through an Airport Extreme router on a Virgin Media 20meg broadband account. I purchased both the Iphone App and the Ipad app and was amazed when they both connected faultlessly through my home network.

Unfortunately, today I tried to demonstrate it at work today through my works wifi (Netgear router on 10 Meg BT broadband) on my Iphone and all I have encounters is constant pausing, which I presume is the connection dropping in and out. I have tried reduced the quality to SQ and I still get the same result. I watched the connection speed start at 500 kb and drop to 20 kb in some instances.

However, when I connect through my works PC on the very same network and I select best quality, I am getting constant speeds of 1900 kb!

My Iphone is right next to the router and I am the only attached device.

I will try my Ipad tomorrow, but I am expecting similar results.

What could be causing such wildly different connections speeds? I cannot believe it is my upload speed at home, or else how would I get 1900 kb through the pc?

Incidentally, I can watch tvcatchup on the same wireless connection on my iphone without any buffering issues whatsoever and that must be quite bandwidth hungry.

Help please as I feel very dissapointed!