6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2011 4:29 PM by bribert RSS

Blackberry torch

mommy

I cannot connect my Balckberry Torch can anyone offer advsie on how to get it connected?

• Re: Blackberry torch
          Apprentice

Hi, mommy

The main issue is that the BlackBerry Torch Mobile device is not included on the supported devices list. This means that even though you can install the application, it will not work properly.

CaliforniaKIlam

I used Slingbox on my Bold 9700 extensively. The BB Torch is far superior. But, low and behold, Slingbox does not support the Torch :-)... When do you think this app might be available for the Torch? I will probably also buy the BB Playbook when it comes out. Hopefully, Slingbox will support that platform as it did with the iPAD.

bribert

hi.  my torch works with slingplayer.  rotate  the phone to landscape and start it again.  that works for me.

Brian

CaliforniaKIlam

Brian,

Thanks for your reply. However, when I try to download the app it says that the BB Torch 9800 is not supported and that OS 6 is not supported...

Ken

bribert

Hi Ken,

All i can say is that i have a Torch 9800, running OS6 and it works if launched while already rotated.  i am now not sure if i had downloaded the sling app while i still had my old 8830, then had all my apps transfered over.  But, none the less it works.

Biggest bummer though for me is that there is NOT any support for my Playbook.    i am WAITING for them to realease a player to buy, or allow the playbook browser to work on "watch" site.

i just looked at the "about" and it is SlingPlayer Mobile for Blackberry (US) Version 1.0.0.13 copyright 2009 ....

Let me know how it turns out.

Brian