5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2014 7:18 AM by ferguspa RSS

Cant get the slingplayer download or plugin to work

Prophessor420

I have a OLD slingbox pro that I never setup

now I am trying, but I have a mac

downloaded the slingplayer.dmg file or whatever it is and couldnt get it to work, says it wont dock or something

then tried the plugin link, said my OS is not 10.5 or higher

what do I do to setup

• Re: Cant get the slingplayer download or plugin to work
          Apprentice

Hi, Prophessor420

First, we recommend you to check this link in order to determine if your computer meets the requirements.

Tech Specs

If you cannot install the plugin for the web-based application, you can try to use the SlingPlayer software version for Mac computers.

SlingPlayer for Mac

ACC483456

I have an older slingbox and want to access from Mac, Installs slingplayer app, but when selected, it stated unidentified developer and does not open the application.  Works find on slingcatcher and Windows PC running XP.  Please assist as I need to view on Mac.

ferguspa Apprentice

SlingPlayer Desktop for Mac predates codesigning and GateKeeper, anti-malware features included with OS X 10.7.5 and above.  Software without a code signature cannot guarantee that noone has tampered with the software nor whether the software isn't (theoretically unsigned) malware.  Thus GateKeeper (by default) denies running unsigned applications downloaded from the Internet.  To make SlingPlayer Desktop for Mac run on OS X 10.7.5 and above, you need to take an additonal step the first time you run it.  See "How to open an app from a unidentified developer and exempt it from Gatekeeper" in Apple KBase article HT5290, OS X: About Gatekeeper.

Also if you have any additional questions I'd suggest starting a new discussion (a.k.a. "thread") rather than replying to a post from 2011.