4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2011 5:04 PM by OEIL RSS

FirmWare US  and EU

OEIL Newbie

Hello ,

A  french  slingbox  user  live in Canada  and  he buy a SlingBox HD PRO   in Canada .

He  come to France  and he  try  his  SlingBox  with the coaxial  entry  and scan the DVB-T  ( TNT : Télévision Numerique Terrestre in French )

But nothing   , because  his  FW  is  US  FW   and  the  codecs are differents in France  .

The  Canadian or US   FW  is  N°  2.1.80    ; I have the   last  EU FW ( the  "bin"  file   is N° 1. 5 .170  )

And it is not possible to install a downgrade  FW  ;

I have think to change  the date  and the  FW  number   in the "bin" EU  file ( ex : 2.1.81 ) ,  but   i don't know  if it is the   good way  ..

An idea  please .

( sorry for my bad English )

OEIL

• Re: FirmWare US  and EU
          Apprentice

Hi OEIL,

Unfortunately the issue is not with the Firmware. Basically, if you get a Slingbox from Canada or US, it will work also connected to a NTSC signal (National Television System Committee), but France uses a different configuration, PAL (Phase Alternating Line), that's why it will be necessary to get a Slingbox in Europe, you can try this site,

http://fr.slingbox.com/go/slingbox

Regards

• Re: FirmWare US  and EU
              OEIL Newbie

Ok , thanks for your reply .

But i think the  video codecs  are built in the FW  , or in other mémory in the  Slingbox ??

Because  , when  the guy scan  the   TV   coaxial Flux  , he find   one or two  french channels   (  M6 TV )  and the video is good  ; but no others channels.And  like you said   , the signal is  PAL or  SECAM  in France .

I know , it is easy to buy a French SlingBox   ,But the guy has  TWO Canadian Slingbox   ; One in Canada  and an other in France  .

The problem is  just for the COAXIAL  entry  ( and scanning the  20  TNT Free Channels ) ; no problem for the YUV  , S VIDEO or RCA  Entries .

And it is easy for  me  to change the date and  number of the last  UE FirmWare  ( 6 MO ) .....with Hxden  .

A+