3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2017 6:15 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Help with Setup

GPap1981
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hi, I just set up my SlingBox. I have connected my Set Top Box to a splitter. One splitter output goes to hdmi to component adapter and the other to my TV.

I get very bad picture quality while my bandwidth says excellent.

Also I cannot find an option to select Greece for countries, as well my manufacturer and the cable model cannot be found.

Could you please give me a help ?

• Re: Help with Setup
          alanrichey42 Master

Ignore the country question.  It relates ONLY to the program guide and that is available only in the USA/Canada.   We have been nagging Sling Media for years to put in an 'Other' option but have been ignored.   To get past the screen tell it you are in the USA, use a valid ZIP code (90210?) and that your provider is not listed.

For the remote, check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Can't help on the picture quality, not my area of expertise.

• Re: Help with Setup
              GPap1981

Thank you. My set top box and remote is from PACE (NovaBox HD831).

I tried custom, with .bin file. The remote is not the same but it is working.

Please check my attachment for video quality and if you have the time tell me your opinion. Is that the best quality which SlingBox can send ?

My bandwidth capacity it says is excellent by the way.

• My PVR is connected to TV via HDMI but I don’t see any option for PVR in the watch screen.

---

Ιωάννης Παπαϊωάννου