36 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 3:45 AM by alanrichey42 RSS
      • Re: Foxtel IQ2 remote and Slingbox PRO-HD
        alanrichey42 Master

Use the Custom Remote at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7421

We tend to use that site as our main depositary.

Al

tomward

Al,

Thank you for your response, unfortunalty I am getting the same error.

Tom Ward

alanrichey42 Master

OK, that is telling you that it cannot find the correct BIN file in your \SBAV\ folder.

Apart from you making a mistake (have you followed the instructions EXACTLY), the only other time I have seen that is with Classic Slingboxes bought years ago, the first batch of the production line.

Al

tomward

Al,

Thank you again for your help.

I followed the directions in the file [Remote_Controls.pdf] on the www.hifi-remote.com site you directed me to.

I noticed that it specifically discussed the different regions (US, Japan, etc...). What I was doing wrong was adding the underscore followed by the code (i.e. _JU, _PK, _RV).

This time using the BIN files you directed me to I just put the V2010 in the custom section rather the entire file name, (i.e. V2010_PL.)

Thank you very much.

Tom Ward

alanrichey42 Master

Actually the proper instructions were included in the ZIP file as a README file 

annafrancis

G'day

Doing a good job with your help tips.

My issue starts earlier as I cannot locate the SBAV folder. See below

I'm thinking its the new version of the plugin maybe. Any thoughts?

DaveRussell

The SBAV folder is only used by SlingPlayer Software.  i.e. The web browser plug-in cannot be used to upload a bin file.

For the Aussie Foxtel iQ2 and iQ HD with a PAL Slingbox (RV)

1. Download and save this linked file (or the attached file below) to your PC, and copy it to the correct directory as listed below.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5403626/Sling/Foxtel_iQ2_iQHD/V2010_RV.bin

Then follow the setup instructions below for Windows or Mac:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WINDOWS

2. You'll need to have the Windows SlingPlayer application installed. If you don't already have it installed, you can download it here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5403626/Sling/SlingPlayer-2-0-4-Setup.exe

3. Save the downloaded V2010_RV.bin file to the correct location here:

For Windows XP, Vista and 7:

C:\Program Files\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV

For Windows 64bit:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV

4. Start the Windows SlingPlayer (Log In and then connect to your Slingbox).

5. Open the Setup Assistant (click on Settings then Setup Assistant).

6. Under Edit Settings click on Configure Video Sources.

7. Click on the Connection that you are setting up, then click Next.

8. Select 'Other Controllable Device' as the device, then click Next.

9. Select 'Other' as the manufacturer, then click Next. (Other is at the end of the list)

10. Select 'Custom' as the code, then click Next. (Custom is at the end of the list)

11. Enter custom code as the first 5 characters of the bin file name.

Example: To use the V2010_RV.bin file type V2010 as the code.

12. Click on Power to test the code. (the connected device should power off, or on)

13. Click on Next to finish, then exit the Setup Assistant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

APPLE MAC

You'll need to have the Mac SlingPlayer application installed. If you don't already have it installed, you can download it here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5403626/Sling/SlingPlayer-1.0.3.198.dmg

1. Save the downloaded V2010_RV.bin file to the correct location here:

For Mac OSX:

/Applications/SlingPlayer/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant/Contents/Resources/SBAV

2. Start the Mac SlingPlayer, and then open the Setup Assistant.

3. Under Edit Settings click on Configure Video Sources.

4. Click on the Connection that you are setting up, then click Next.

5. Select 'Other Controllable Device' as the device, then click Next.

6. Select 'Other' as the manufacturer, then click Next. (Other is at the end of the list)

7. Select 'Custom' as the code, then click Next. (Custom is at the end of the list)

8. Enter custom code as the first 5 characters of the bin file name.

Example: To use the V2010_RV.bin file type V2010 as the code.

9. Click on Power to test the code. (the connected device should power off, or on)

10. Click on Next to finish, then exit the Setup Assistant.

Cheers

annafrancis

Hi Dave,  Thanks for the quick reply.

Advice is straight forward and I'm sure it will work except the software you gave me wont connect to my sling box. Tried through setup assistant and Slingbox directory. Only thing I haven't tried is the Slingbox ID but unsure how to obtain this.

Tried everything. Turning off firewalls on Mac and router. Rebooting everything. Restoring slingbox proHD to Factory settings.I'm at a loss.

Only just purchased it recently and connected via plugin no problems and had my beyonwiz hooked up in minutes.

Only thing I can see is that current build of 1.0.10.272 is different for my build 1.0.3.198 when checking for updates.

Your assistance again would be much appreciated.

Cheers

annafrancis

G'day again.

FYI I tried the desktop software v1.0.10 from the website and it connected to my slingbox fine. Unfortunately it does not accept custom remotes so no better then the web plugin.

All I can think now is either my box is not compatible with the old software or the link you gave me is downloading corrupt software. I since tried removing all previous downloads and starting again with no success. Even tried the Slingbox ID in the directory with no luck.

Is the whole foxtel remote an issue with mobile software aswell? Please inform before I throw anymore money down the toilet.

Cheers

Francis

juzz0

Hi Dave,

I am looking at purchasing a Slingbox PRO-HD but can only source them from the US. I am aware they have an inbuilt NTSC tuner (or an ATSC digital tuner is it?) as opposed to the UK PAL version. I have read on the Amazon website of users in Luxemberg viewing Swedish television using the US Amazon-purchased tuner. I think it's either PAL or SECAM over there. I have figured that unless you are using the tuner to actually decode the signal ie. using the slingbox as a tuner, and not using it to stream from an external source (Foxtel IQ2 say) that there shouldn't be any problems with slinging or streaming media as there are no reportable differences in the hardware architecture between the two versions (aside from the int. tuner).

I am gathering that your instructions will also work for PRO-HD devices from the US (to stream and control Foxtel IQ2 using the on-screen remote and am IR blaster). I am still worried a bit though. I had an old Sony LocationFree player I was using back in 2009 with the standard digital foxtel box (manufacturer: Pace) it also had an NTSC inbuilt tuner and streamed over my wireless network. However the stream was shifted downscreen about 10% so the bottom of the signal would appear at the top of my PSP or computer screen and a black bar would cut through near the top of the screen as a kind of seperator. I figured this was due to an issue with the frequency of the transmission (50hz foxtel 'digital' signal transmitted through a 60hz locationfree box).

Will I encounter similar screen shifting problems if I attempt to stream Foxtel IQ2 signal through the Slingbox onto my PC and Droid phone? I have noticed there is an Android application that Sling Media has developed available for free. Will I be able to configure settings for the Foxtel IQ2 on that so it will stream to a Dell Streak?

Does anyone have this kind of setup working? I setup port forwarding before (although it was annoying having to change the settings all the time with a dynamic IP) Will I be able to stream to my device using this method and the Sling software available through the Android application?

Thanks in advance,

JB

RugbyRiddler

This Custom Remote doesnt appear to include the codes for the coloured Teletext buttons that are used to control a number of Foxtel functions - including the deletion of a recording. Any idea how I can activate these buttons - or suggest another way for me to delete recodings so I dont fill my hard disk up?

loldo

Hi All,

I have been lurking around forums trying to understand if the SlinBox Pro HD will suite my needs.

Can someone please confirm if Pro HD will work with Foxtel iQ2?

Does it matter which version of Pro HD i get, for example the US or the UK version.

Here in Aus we only have the option of Slinbox Solo Or the Slingbox Pro.

I would like to be able to have multiple inputs and also be able to use my iPad when out traveling.

So the Pro HD seems to be the best option for me.

Thanks in advance.

Kay

leecarter

I'm looking fa code for my remote satzen500 receiver, maybe I'm in the wrong location but I don't know anywhere to fine this inforation. If someone can supply me with this question I would be so greatfull, Thanks in advance. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS lry_carter@yahoo.com.

jro

HI

I have the same problem here the remotre control has stopped working.  Win 7 Pro x 64.  I've attempted to  go into the setup, and after selectng the setup assistant,  I get the message "Some Compnents Are not available".  The setup doesnt proceed.  What causes this?

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, never heard of that message.   What happens if you try and setup through watch.slingbox.com ?   Have you tried reinstalling the standalone player ?

jro

Hi Alan,

Thanks.   I can access the Sling setup options Via watch.slingbox.com, select my Slingbox, my Cable TV (Pace Foxtel IQ2 TDS850NF device) and I select other for model, and selected v2010_rv as custom type.  However the channel controls, cursor controls or on/off controls still don't function. 

alanrichey42 Master

OK, none of that makes sense.   Are you using the Custom Remote I uploaded at

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7421

and, more importantly, are you actually following the instructions and reading them in full.   I suspect not

jro

Hi Alan,

Ive done this sucessfully before so not sure why there are problems now.  Yes I've also tried your new remote I just downloaded from that web site and previous ones you've created.  Like previous versions, when I press a remote button, the message on screen changes to controlling, then back to optimizing, without activating any remote function.

I factory reset the unit and went into the setup (via the player).  Ive also reinstalled the software (V2.0.4.522) on 2 different PCs. After the reset I dont get the message "Some components are not available" on Win Vista 32 PC but I do on the Win 7/64.  On the Win 32 I selected Cable Box,  other brand, other model, and custom, then V2010 and pressed the power test remote.  The message was Sending, please wait.  The image in the top left paused briefly (more like latency) then continued.  The test remote power did not the image off/on.

Ive also tried this on a different PC (one is Vista 32 & another WIN Prof V7 ultimate) - same problem with remote. I can ping the slingbox IP from any PC without problem.

alanrichey42 Master

You still haven't read the instructions have you ?   In  these circumstances I list a series of suggestions and ask you to tell me the result.  You haven't answered any of them.  For example, it looks to me as though your IR Blaster might have failed.  But unless you check that as I suggest and report back then I cannot help any further.

jro

Hi Alan,

Yes ive read the instuctions.

1. There was no error message after I entered the code.

2. Yes I gave the remote plenty of time to react.  The only reacton was latency.

3, None of the video input, power, remote keys, numeric, red, green, yellow, blue or white or channel up & down buttons work.  The only reaction when pressing any of those buttons is the message line displays "Controllling" then reverts back to Optimizing as before if the Sling player is not in Control Mode.

4. The functions on View sub-menu's work controlling image/display size.

5.  Please explain IRBlaster/Digital camera test. I dont have a digital movie camera & only have foxtel connected to my slingbox.

Some months ago the remote worked quite well.  This is a new  problem, not sure if related to Foxtel firmware updates.

Thanks