5 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2017 7:04 AM by 255110430270993 RSS

Chromecast ever going to work again???

general224
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Anyone know if they are working on a resolution for no chromecast icon showing, really pathetic that there is not even a response to this issue

• Re: Chromecast ever going to work again???
          ms.T Novice

If you have an apple device, your out of luck. But, if you have an android try the steps some other community users found for android devices.

https://community.slingbox.com/message/172021#172021

general224

Yes thank you but this is not really "casting" as it was intended, the app that I purchased said it was chromecast enabled and this is not true as with this method I have to leave my device powered and cannot use it for anything else. So I will re ask the question is this not supported any more by the Slingplayer?

ms.T Novice

Well... If you had read it, then you would see that those steps make the casting icon appear in the Slingplayer app and stops casting from the Chromecast. Good luck.

general224

While that is true you have to go through the this process every time you want to cast, including deleting the app and reloading..... not very convient but thank you for your help

Agreed. Purchased M1 for home and Chromecast for 2nd home at lake. We are totally Google and Android based family.  Have DSL at 2nd home and everything works great with Chromecast EXCEPT Slingplayer. Yes I can go through all the steps to clear the cache so the Chromecast icon appears in the app SOMETIMES but that's such poor support for a box and app advertised to perform and provide the solution as designed and promoted. So as a workaround I pulled out an old iPhone 4 and use it as a Chromecast solution for slingplayer. The iPhone Chromecast icon appears at all times and works flawlessly.  Come on Sling, please FIX the android side of your technology. Don't you know that at least half the world if not more use android /Google as their device OS!  This problem has been verified for 3 years, well documented,  and yet no fix ever.  I managed support for a small software company for  several years and we had a designated technician that read the support forums and monitored the community comments and turned in bug reports almost daily. This kind of problem would have been elevated to the top of the list of bug fixes early in the release cycle. It's obvious that the developers are ignoring this problem. The app itself for phones in the Play store has a bug fix date of March 2017 but the Chromecast problem has been present since the Chromecast feature was added.  I've tested this problem on my phones, tablets, laptops, and everything android. The Chromecast icon refusal to appear in the app is present in everything on the android side. IOS works great. Come on Sling media, please FIX the android side of things. Please.