32 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2012 3:24 PM by C3D76 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Pro-HD appears "bricked"

flash699

I have a slingbox pro-HD I've been using for over a year now on the same setup.  Suddenly it stopped communicating with the network (Power light on, but no network connection) via CAT 5 cable.

- Tried pulling the plug: Red horseshoe and power lights on solid, but no network light and box is not seen by Slingbox support.

- Tried changing the switch port: Red horseshoe and power lights on solid, but no network light and box is not seen by Slingbox support.

- Tried resetting the switch and powering off the slingbox: Red horseshoe and power lights on solid, but no network light and box is not seen by Slingbox support.

- Tried resetting the router, switch, and powering off the slingbox: Red horseshoe and power lights on solid, but no network light and box is not seen by Slingbox support.

- Tried to do a reset on the Slingbox: Red horseshoe and power lights on solid, but no network light and box is not seen by Slingbox support.

- Tried a reset AND powered off router and switch: Red horseshoe and power lights on solid, but no network light and box is not seen by Slingbox support.

Since the device is not connecting to the network there is no way to work on it except pulling the plug and resetting.

I'm out of ideas and this has been going on for two weeks now.  Any suggestions?

Network config is Slingbox - Switch - Verizon FIOS (now Frontier Communications) router using CAT 5 Cable.  All other items on the entire network are fine.