2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2011 12:07 AM by smudgeyjoe RSS

Closed for Remodeling

smudgeyjoe Newbie

My Slingbox was working fine earlier today on my iPad and my EVO Shift.  Tonight my son and I, away from home, sat down to watch the Nuggets, and we got a message saying we weren't set up for remote streaming.  On the Slingbox it says there is an internet viewing problem.  It worked earlier today!  What gives??? 

• Re: Closed for Remodeling
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

Was it working at home or away from home?  If at home, you were accessing your Slingbox via your network.  To access via the internet you have to go into the setup program and configure for internet viewing.

• Re: Closed for Remodeling
              smudgeyjoe Newbie

I think that this may be significant to others, because it is either an Apple issue, a Comcast issue, or a Comcast Apple issue.  There was an update to Snow Leopard a few days ago for my iMac.  After it happened, there was one noticeable crazy thing.  I suddenly couldn't receive mail. I talked to Apple and they told me that Comcast was always playing around with their ports and this was a problem between my Mail program and Comcast.  I removed my account and then reestablished it.  Now it sort of works.  I get 3 or 4 e-mails compared to the 25 I actually got.  I started playing around with my iMac tonight and discovered that the Slingbox directory was nonexistent. When I tried to set it up again, it would start and then say their was a Safari conflict.  There was a yes or no button that came up but swiftly disappeared before I could move the mouse over to click yes.  I finally figured that the yes was highlighted so I quickly hit enter.  At that point, the setup went on thru and now everything  is fine.  Something happened after\because of that Snow Leopard update.