1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 4, 2011 8:50 AM by Fofo RSS

Trouble with Internet Viewing - Linksys WRT54G - Slingbox Pro

PlayU18

Hi All,

I am new to Slingbox and I am having trouble completing the internet viewing part of the set-up.  I have a Linksys WRT54G router, with a red Slingbox Pro and HD Connect dongle.  When I go through the set-up process, the automatic set-up doesn't work, so it tells me to do it manually.  I do that per the on-screen instructions, but no matter what I do, after it runs the test, it says something like "You are almost done setting up internet viewing, please adjust your router settings".  So, I click next and it just takes me back to the beginning of the manual router set-up.  It doesn't tell me what I need to change with my router.

I sure hope someone can help.  I am not all that tech-savvy, so a lot of this is confusing to me.  I am just not sure if I need to maybe change the router firewall settings, something with my secure home network, or what?  Please help.

Also, on a different note, I was thinking of switching out to the Slingbox Pro HD instead of my current set-up.  Would that be recommended, or not an improvement over what I already have?

Thanks!!!