62 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2012 9:10 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

SlingPlayer Remote Does Not Have Back Button/Function

pmolson Newbie

Hello Guys,

Please advide where or how I can emulate the "back" button (not Exit) on the SlingPlayer 2.0 (for Windows). I can't seem to find it!!!! Please note I'm not talking about the back button for channels, instead it's a back button the serves to save a setting in the I-Link 9000 Plus  FTA reciever. If the Slingmedia does not have this function and I do have a bin file for the I-Link 9K+ remote, is there a way to edit/add the back function using a Hex editor? Thanks a bunch!

-T

• Re: SlingPlayer Remote Does Not Have Back Button/Function
          alanrichey42 Master
          is there a way to edit/add the back function using a Hex editor? Thanks a bunch!

No, but I might be able to do it.  Post the BIN file here and I will have a look.

pmolson Newbie

Thank You Alan!

I really appreciate your help! While we're at it, It'll be great if you could please add the FAV and LAST buttons as well. The LAST function shows you the 10 most recent channles you've been watching or flipped to)

Attached, please find a couple of bin files. One for the I-link 9000 Plus and the other one for the Limesat Ultra. They both work fine with the Slingplayer, except they're missinhg the Back, Fav, and Last buttons.

Please note that the "back" button apparently has two functions. One is to revert back to the previous channel while watching TV (and this one I can still mimic in the Slingplayer by simply pressing "Ctrl L" or just use the up & down arrows) and the function I'm looking for, and I'm unable to do in the Slingplayer, is when you're actually in the Menu setting up certain options and then you're asked to press "back" (and not "exit") in order to save the settings. That's the one I'm missing on the SlingPlayer for both STBs.

Once Again Thank You Very Much For Your Help!

-P

P.S. On a separate note, right now both files are in the SBAV folder, but I'm unable to control (change between the two receivers) using SlingPlayer v2.0 w/o going through a reset of video sources! In order to control one or the other, I have to go through the Setup Assistant, under settings, and configure video sources again with one file or the other. Note both files are named the same "S2010_PL.bin", so that they match the custom remote command created when setting-up/configuring the remote. Is there a way I can control both receivers w/o going through this hassle (i.e. maybe I should create seaparte custom files for each remote and somehow be able to select one or the other from a pull down menu)? Any thoughts on this issue? Thanks

alanrichey42 Master

I really appreciate your help! While we're at it, It'll be great if you could please add the FAV and LAST buttons as well. The LAST function shows you the 10 most recent channles you've been watching or flipped to)

Attached, please find a couple of bin files. One for the I-link 9000 Plus and the other one for the Limesat Ultra. They both work fine with the Slingplayer, except they're missinhg the Back, Fav, and Last buttons.

OK, I cleaned up these files and also loaded the 2 devices onto my Harmony Remote to check the codes.  The good news is that the FAV function is defined, the bad news is that neither the LAST nor BACK functions are defined.

We might have to do it by trial and error, but first try these 2 files.  The S2010 is for the Limesat Ultra.  I have mapped the known functions and the ones that don't correspond have been mapped to the Custom buttons  (Tap the Menu button at the top of the Remote and select Custom) :

Custom10   Favourite  (Also mapped to White button)
                  Custom11   F1
                  Custom12   F2
                  Custom13   InputNext
                  Custom14   USB/PVR
                  Custom15   TV/Radio
                  Custom16   Sat
                  Custom17   SubTitle
                  Custom18   Sleep
                  Custom19   ?????????
                  Custom 20  ?????????
                  The last two were from your BIN file as are flagged as unknown.   Are either of them what you want ?
                  The S2011 (to avoid your clashing problem) is for the iLink-9000.  Same logic, with the Custom buttons now:
                  Custom10   Favourite  Also mapped to White button)
                  Custom11   TV/Radio
                  Custom12   ???????
                  What is Custom 12.
                      pmolson Newbie

Update1.

Thanks Alan!

Ok, the one I have connected right now is the I-Link,. and the customs buttons' functions (in the file I've sent you) are as follows:

Custom10   Favourites (I didn't realize I had that in there...cool)
                      Custom11   Satellites (I'd like to keep that as is)
                      Custom12   TV/Radio Toggle (I'd like to keep that as is, but it's not that important, as I seldom toggle btwn TV & Radio, so If we can map custom12 in the original file to BACK it would be great)
                      I have loaded S2011 into SBAV folder, turned my slingplayer and I've noticed that the only chnage from the orig. file was thta C11 & C12 were swapped Ideally, I'd like keep all the current custom buttons the same and add a couple of new ones; one for BACK and one for LAST functions, if it's possible of course...if it's not possible, we can use custom11 (TV/Radio) in the file you've sent me for BACK as I've mentioned above. As for Limesat, I will try to load the (old and new) files and report back on any changes I find.
                      Thanks a 10^6
                      -P
                          alanrichey42 Master
                          Custom10   Favourites (I didn't realize I had that in there...cool)
                          Custom11   Satellites (I'd like to keep that as is)
                          Custom12   TV/Radio Toggle (I'd like to keep that as is, but it's not that important, as I seldom toggle btwn TV & Radio, so If we can map custom12 in the original file to BACK it would be great)

OK, C11 & C12 swapped, new file attached

and add a couple of new ones; one for BACK and one for LAST functions, i

As I said in the post, I don't have the codes for BACK & LAST, I just want to get 2 working Remotes for you that I understand and can configure.  Then we will try and figure out the codes.

alanrichey42 Master

I had a notification that you had posted details of the Limesat but for some reason it did not appear on the forum.  However, here are the answers:

>>>>Frankly, Except for a couple of these custom entries (noted Useful above), none of them are important to me, so it would be great if they can be mapped to perform BACK  and LAST functions.

Same as my previous post, I need to understand the existing BIN files first.
                              >>>Custom11   Pause :No change from original file I've sent you earlier! (I'm not sure what you mean by F1)
                              >>>Custom12   Zoom: No change from original file I've sent you earlier! (I'm not sure what you mean by F2)
                              That is what they are called on the code set I have for this box.  Doesn't mean anything to me either.
                              >>>In conclusion, I'm not aure what changes exactly you've made to the files I've sent you, but it appears to be as if (almost) they was no change. Maybe the chages you've made were not saved, I'm not sure what's going on...
                              No, same answer as before.  When I reverse engineer your BIN file back to the source code all I get is Custom 10, Custom 11....   That means nothing to me so I needed to know what they actually did.
                              >>>P.S. Do you think somehow, the slingpalyer cookies are still using the old files eventhough I put the new files in the SBAV folder?
                              No, everything is fine.
                              Right, now I have working remotes we can start trying to find the BACK & LAST codes.
                              1.  Which one first ?
                              2.  What Slingbox do you have ?
                              3.  Can you access http://remotes.slingbox.com to learn those 2 buttons ?
                              Al