6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 5:18 PM by gmoney RSS

Windows 64-bit, it doesn't work, stop BSing and FIX IT ALREADY!!!

netentity

We know the Slingplayer Desktop for Windows does NOT work for Windows 7 64-bit.

It seizes randomly with both the Desktop and web plug-in.  It worked perfectly when I had my Dell Latitude XT2 when it only had 3 GB of RAM and I was running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32-bit).  However when I upgraded the memory to 5 GB and installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, it's never worked.

However if I run  the Slingplayer for Windows on my Dell Latitude D420, Fujitsu P-1630  and U820 (both with only 1 GB of RAM) and my which all are running the  32-bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate.  I don't get a single issue with  any of my machines running the 32-bit version of Windows 7.  My primary  home machine is my XT2.  I would like to use my Slingbox with my primary home machine and not have to crack open one of my other machines to get it to work reliably.

The  issue is skipped frames and audio and freezing.  Bottom line is that  the Slingplayer for Windows does not work with 64-bit versions of  Windows; XP, Vista or 7.  If you run a machine that requires a 64-bit OS  (i.e. it has more than 3 GB) then you need to get a machine that  runs a 32-bit OS until Sling gets off their rusty dusty and fixes it, so FIX IT ALREADY!   I've done the testing myself with BOTH 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7.  I get  the same result everytime with both the Desktop and the web plug-ins.  It can't be that difficult for your engineering staff to acquire a machine that can be populated with enough memory to run Windows 7 64-bit and fix it.  Stop stonewalling and FIX IT!