1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 21, 2011 11:36 AM by jimfitzgerald RSS

Is there a slingbox model that will allow me to watch tv remotely without changing the channels on my home tv?

ssmuck

Is there a slinbox that will allow me to watch remotely without changing channels on my home tv?

• Re: Is there a slingbox model that will allow me to watch tv remotely without changing the channels on my home tv?
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

Yes, the Pro-HD.  The Slingbox Pro-HD has a built-in tv tuner.  If you have two tv source signals, you can use one to feed your tv and the other to feed your Slingbox.  For instance, if you have cable tv with a cable box, you can use the coax cable to feed the signal to your Slingbox.  Then, use the cable box to feed your tv.  This will allow you to watch a different channel.  However, when using the internal Slingbox tv tuner, you will be limited to your basic cable channels that do not require decoding by the cable box.  You can also use your Slingbox to watch the output of your cable box, but you will be watching the same channel as the tv.