1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 4, 2011 12:48 PM by RafaelB RSS

0x8007274c error when trying to connect to my Slingbox Pro with the Windows XP SlingPlayer.

JFSTECH

I receive an 0x8007274c error when trying to connect to my Slingbox Pro with the Windows XP SlingPlayer.

I am able to reliably connect to the Slingbox using the browser-based viewer at http://watch.slingbox.com/watch/sling_player#, and I am able to reliably connect to the Slingbox using SlingPlayer on my Android phone. I've checked with my Windows XP firewall settings on my PC, and there clearly is an entry to allow the Windows SlingPlayer full inbound and outbound internet access. The router at my home that supports my Slingbox has the port forwarding correct, as viewing works perfectly with the Android based SlingPlayer as well as the browser-based player.

This is a relatively recent anomaly (past couple of months), as I've used the Windows SlingPlayer reliably for well over a year.

(And to those who will be asking the obvious question: No, I cannot think of what has changed in my system since the last time Windows SlingPlayer worked <g!>).

One possible clue is that a couple of months back, when I first noticed a problem connecting (but at that time had not made note of the error code related to the problem then), I found that if I first connected with the browser-based player, then the Windows based player would connect. I repeated this sequence a handful of times for a couple of weeks when the occasion came up to use the SlingPlayer. I do not know if this suggests any particular investigation strategy as have not been able to duplicate that sequence successfully lately.

Can anyone propose a diagnostic strategy to pin down my problem?

Thank you in advance.