1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 20, 2011 9:09 AM by dbsguy RSS

Sling Adapter and Windows browser

seca111

I'm  new here so I don't know if this is the correct place to post this or not.

If I use a Sling Adapter on one TV in my house, If I then log into it from a windows browser inside of my house will all of the traffic run through the LAN?

I don't have a very good internet connection where I live so it would be hard for me to stream content outside of my house, however I would like to have access to the TV on computers that reside on my wireless network inside.  If all the traffic streams across the lan, then it should be fast enough to watch, however it needs to send the content back to some central server and then back, it will be too slow to use.

• Re: Sling Adapter and Windows browser
          dbsguy Apprentice

It should stream all content solely within your LAN with the web browser option; however definately would if you installed and used the slingplayer app instead. You can obtain a copy of the app for the system of your choice on slingmedia.com or slingbox.com under the downloads section. Make sure to grab the app for the OS of your choice (windows or mac) as the case may be.