1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 24, 2017 7:27 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Slingbox M1 and HD Streaming

colordrome
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hello everyone!

I just got a new M1 box and I was trying to stream hd video using a composite video (Red, Green, Blue) to HDMI converter (Portta brand) but the video signal is not recognized by the slingbox. I have a message saying that there is not video signal coming in.

Does anyone know if there is a specific brand of these converters that actually does this conversion well? This converter I bought on Amazon was quite cheap so maybe it is just a quality issue?

Is anyone using the M1 streaming HD content with no issues? Please let me know how you do it.

Thanks!

Roberto

• Re: Slingbox M1 and HD Streaming
          alanrichey42 Master

Be careful on your terminology, you mean Component video, not Composite (single yellow RCA plug).   It sounds like your HDMI converter is not stripping out the HDCP signal so the video is being blocked.   This can be a bit hit or miss when you buy a converter as stripping out HDCP is not something the manufactures will advertise as a feature.  We know the HD Fury series work, and the Gang Hu one recommended by Sling Media, and I recently saw a post from someone who found one on Amazon that worked, but I didn't take down the details.   You might find if you search.