11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 11:39 PM by Scottiesenterprise RSS

Lights

bigbruce

My Slingbox Pro has suddenly decided it doesn't want to be found on my Network.  Both the Power and Network lights are operating as they should.

The Light in the centre logo, however, only blinks when I do a reset and then goes out - and doesn't come back on.

I can't find anything in the user manual to suggest what this means.  Anybody know???

• Re: Lights
          jc17

I'm no expert but first thing would be to check your ethernet connection and cable.If both are ok,then any time you reset the slingbox you'll have to go through entire setup with setup assisstant.If you've done all this,sorry to wast your time.good luck

dbsguy Apprentice

Start looking at a faulty slingbox power supply being your culprit.

bigbruce

If the power supply was the problem, would the power light and network light come on?  The light in the logo does flash on and off when I use the reset button.  It goes out and stays out after it has cycled through the reset, and my computer won't pick up the box on the network, even after I have disabled my firewall.

dbsguy Apprentice

Yes, it could still be the power supply even if some of the ligths turn on. there are tons of posts on just such an issue. If the power supply isn't ouputting the correct voltage, then some of the lights might turn on but the box still won't work.

Scottiesenterprise

If the light blinks, and you've tried everything else, how does one know it might be the power supply, internal to the unit, the power cable,or the power strip...?

Novice

Hi bigbruce,

You can check the following link (please note that no matter is for the Slingbox Solo, you can troubleshoot the Slingbox Pro as well), besides that, make sure that you use a hardwired connection between the computer and router as well.

My Slingbox doesn't show up on the network and the Network light keeps flashing

Davenemo

I'm having a similar problem, All of a sudden slingbox pro HD stopped working, network light doesn't light and it can't connect to the network. The slingbox logo light is always lit as is the power light. tried reset, no good, tried unplugging for a while, no good thought it might be the network connection but my old slingbox connects just fine,

Anyone else having this problem?