5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2011 7:30 AM by ranaleon RSS

HD audio input

joomal

Hello,

I have a Slingbox Pro-HD.

I have a very simple setup, with just one input to it, using the HD (YPbPr) input.

I am able to succesfuly connect the video and watch it online via the internet.

However I am having trouble with the sound.

To isolate the problem, I plugged in to the Slingbox HD Audio sockets the output from my mp3 player using a 3.5mm to rca adaptor.

Although the video broadcasts fine, the audio doesn't.  I have confirmed that the mp3 player is indeed working etc.

My question is, is HD sound different to 'normal' sound.  Should I expect the output from a 'normal' mp3 player, which would work with standard headphones/speakers to work ?  Because of other parts of my setup, this is the only form I can access the sound that I want to broadcast, and I wonder whether there is any difference ?

Thanks.

• Re: HD audio input
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

It addition to your component video cables, did you plug in your R/L audio cables to your Slingbox?

joomal

Hello,

thankyou for replying. Yes, I plugged the output of my mp3 player into the R/L plugs on the Slingbox.

I guess what Im asking, is

"Are the cables that get plugged into the R/L audio sockets for HD the same as the ones for standard def. or do I need to provide a different audio input for HD ?"

Basicly...

I plugged the HD video input into the red, blue and green sockects. This broadcast fine, and I was able to watch it.

I plugged a '3.5mm to RCA' cable into my mp3 player (for eg) and then the other side of it into the red and white audio input. (which were next to the component inputs)

But the sound didnt broadcast.  (Im sure the mp3 player was working.)

So, my question is, should the output of my mp3 player be ok for HD audio or does HD audio need something different and the format should be different (just like for video - composite and component are different)

The only other thing I can think of is that my '3.5mm to RCA' cable is faulty but it is brand new so It should be ok, really.

thankyou again, and I hope that makes sence.

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

NO, did you plug the R/L audio cable from you cable box (or whatever your source is) to your Slingbox?  Stop fooling with your MP3 player and hook up your Slingbox as it's supposed to be hooked up.  By the way, as far as I know, there is no HD audio with Slingbox.

joomal

Hello,

thankyou for replying.

I am using the Slingbox for its point to point broadcasting over the internet capability.  I am not connecting it to a TV or set top box.  The video source is coming from a live HD camcorder and the audio from my mp3 player.  Therefore, I am trying to understand whether this setup is even possible.

thankyou again, and I hope that makes sence.