4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2011 2:48 PM by nyrnd RSS

New Router

nyrnd

I am trying again for assistance.  I have a new router, Netgear WNDR AV37 (3700).  My old router was a Linksys 120n.  My Linksys port forwarding was 443 and the IP address was:  192.168.1.254 for the slingbox.  It worked fine after paying $30 to get Sling help via chat.  Of course I can't get it working with my new router so if someone could help.  I have everything else connected to the router working except my Slingbox AV.

Windows 7 64 bit, Slingbox AV, Netgear WNDR 37AV, Windows firewall.

Question:  What port should i use?  443 doesn't seem to work nor does 5001.  Also, how can i get the exact IP address for my Slingbox.  On my router attached devices, it shows as 192.168.1.6 and i thought the last number needed to be 3 digits.  

• Re: New Router
          Apprentice

Hi, nyrnd

Even though this router model is not listed, we encourage you to check the following third-party link in order to get the step-by-step instructions to set up your Slingbox for Internet Viewing.

Port Forwarding SlingBox on the Netgear WNDR3700

You can also use the ports 5001 and 8080 as alternatives. Regarding the IP address provided by the router for the Slingbox, you will need to access your router interface and look for the "Attached devices". If it says that the Slingbox is 192.168.1.6, this is the information you must use when creating the rule and when running the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing. 

Internet Viewing

• Re: New Router
              nyrnd

Actually, here is the answer.  In addition to my new Netgear router to properly set up the my DSL Modem with the proper page forwarding.  In addition the ip address to use was not the one showing from my router for the slingbox.  Those two fixes were what was needed.