5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2011 4:02 PM by redrider RSS

Slingplayer not working on iPhone with 3g

RuneRune

I have had slingbox solo about 2 years now and everything has worked great.

Yesterday i had to buy a new slingbox solo since it just stopped working, that is not the issue her.

When i came home and installed it i had to update the software on the new slingbox solo and i did. I also downloaded the new slingplayer for mobile.

Everything works great on WiFi but on 3g it does not work.

A friend of mine has an old version of slingplayer for mobile, i think version 1.6. This version works on his slingplayer but he has not updated it. I also had 1.6 earlier and it worked. We tried to connect his 1.6 version of the slingplayer for mobile to mine updated slingbox solo and it did not work on 3g.

This tells med that there is not the software update on the slingplayer for mobile that is the problem but the update on the slingbox solo.

Can someone from Slingmedia please comment this?

I am very happy with slingmedia and i am sure they will fix this, but do you agree that it has to be the slingbox solo update that causes the problem on viewing on 3g

(Buffering, buffering, buffering, stops)

( i have 1325kbps on 3g, it should be way more that i need)

• Re: Slingplayer not working on iPhone with 3g
          RuneRune

SOLVED

I just looked around and I did one thing that solved mye problem.

A guy told me that i had to update my slingbox solo, but I had done that before trough slingplayer.

Just to be sure I went into : http://setup.slingbox.com/

From there i did as follow:

1. Click get started

2. Install the plugin if you dont have it

3. Click on your slingbox

4. Click on Set up Internet viewing

5. After it is finished just click next and you are done

Now try to watch tv with a iPhone with 3g or iPad with 3g

Works for me!!!!!

Let me know if it worked for you.

RuneRune

This is what support said

Rune Eriksen: But Support, why did it not work when i did the upgrade when i bought it and used slingplayer for pc ?
              20:44 Rune Eriksen: why did it then work when i used setup.slingmedia
              20:44  Rune Eriksen: i only went trought the Setup Internet Viewing on  setup.slingmedia because it was already with the correct update on the  slingbox
              20:45 Support:  The faact is that the slingplayer desktop  will be phased out when the watch.slingbox.com and setup.slingbox.com  are ready and supporting all the functions
              20:46 Rune Eriksen: ok, so  the problem is that i used slingplayer for pc to do the update and the  setup Internet viewing? I should have done it trough setup.slingbox.com  from the start?
              20:47 Support: Yes you are right,
              20:48 Rune Eriksen: how should i have known that???
              20:48 Rune Eriksen: :-)
              20:48 Support: That's why we are here as support.
              20:48 Rune Eriksen: lol, shall i spread the word?
              20:48 Support: That would be great.

markhughey

It worked on my computer, but not on my iphone

redrider

Thanks Rune Rune. I was experiencing the same problem and the fix you detailed worked for me.

markhughey

I figured out how to get it to work. First I went to sling player on my iphone. Next I clicked settings. After that, I turned off {use HQ on Cellular 500 Kbps Required} and it worked. I am happy now.