2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2011 5:19 PM by hibbs77 RSS

error code w202

Renald

hello

can't connect to my slingbox pro hd when i  am away from home getting  error code W 202

everything work  fine when i am home

but not away

connection in my hotel is high speed using modem cable

all my program like messenger,firefox,skype everything work  A-1

but can't connect to my slingbox pro hd

firewall is off

what could be the reason

bonjour a tous

je suis pas capable de me connecte  sur mon slingbox hd quand je suis  a l' exterieur

de la maison  pour tant j' utilise une connection haute vitesse

je recois erreur code W 202

le firewall de mon ordinateur est  a off

tous les autres programme fonctionne normalement

merci

• Re: error code w202
          Novice

Hi Renald,

Use the following links in order to get a guide on how to enable the Internet Viewing manually on your Slingbox, there for you will be able to watch it away from home.

Slingbox Network Setup Assistant

Port Forward

Best regards.

• Re: error code w202
              hibbs77

This is a poor answer, frstly it assumes that you are not away from home a long time and secondly i get this error sometimes and other times slingbox works fine away from home so it is definatly not a problem with the configeration I have spent the last 6 months in australia ,indonesia and india and i have noticed that in somebodies home the slingbox works fine most of the times but in hotels airports and log on internet providers i get error w202 ,In India i inquired and they are shapping the broadband to exclude the use of slingbox because it gobbles up data volume at an enormous rate and i can only assume that this is happening else where.Now that internet usage is going to be charged by data volume in many countries this will be the future.