I see that you have some questions, I hope the following will provide you the result that your looking for.
Regarding the advertisements the only way to avoid them is through the paid applications. The Slingbox M2 is supported by Sling Media, as long as the Slingbox is still under warranty. The HDMI to component adapter will give you true HD signal, component is an equivalent to HDMI, you can purchase an adapter through the website or through any of your local electronic stores. The Slingbox M2 is under the list of supported Slingboxes for Europe. Below are some helpful links:
Sling Media Support Team
- on iMac, is there a way to avoid ads ?
- also, how can I record with SlingBox ?
- and if I purchase from US (I'm in Europe) do I need an adapter for wallet only ? Or more ?
As far as I know there are no 'paid' options on the PC Player for both Windows and Mac, you are stuck with the ads.
You can't use the Slingbox for recording, but assuming you are using a PVR/DVR as e video source you simply record on that and then view it exactly as you would normally. Remember the Slingbox is simply a box that takes a video source and transmits it over the Internet.
The only adapter you need is a simple travel 2-3 pin adapter. The power supply is dual-voltage.
I'm looking for Slingbox and I like the M2 version. My questions are :
- Does it still having advertisements ?
- It is supported currently from the SlingBox company ?
- If I use HDMI to component adapter I'll get true HD signal ? ( where can I purchase one ? )
- It will work in Europe ?
Thanks in advance for any help !