1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 14, 2011 12:52 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote Control for DirecTV HR21-700 DVR

sdihome

I can't make scence out of this. I have a Slingbox "Classic" (SB100-100). Untill about a month ago I have had my Slingbox hooked up to a DirecTV H20-600 H/D Receiver and the remote that is in the Setup Wizard worked fine. Some of the buttons where grayed out but I didn't care as I didn't need them to control that H/D Receiver.

The Wife wanted me to move the Sling to our DirecTV HR21-700 DVR so she could watch the recorded stuff at work (that's a different story for a different day!) After moving and hooking the Sling to the Composite input and running the Sling Set-up Wizard there isn't a remote that will control all of the funtions of the DVR. I tried alot of different codes and found many that would control the DVR but NONE would change the DirecTV remote and enable the grayed out buttons needed to work the DVR.  I'm using Slingplayer ver. 1.5.1.338. I'm using this version because I read on this Forum that the later verison of Slingplayer may be the problem.

I have installed the latest version of the Slingplayer and got simalar results. In the latest version of Slingplayer it has a listing for the DirecTV HR21 but when i pick it and finish the setup and then run the Slingplayer, NO remote will display! If I pick the HR20 I get a remote but the same as above with grayed out DVR control buttons!

I have installed this "Custome Remote" from  http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/downloads-available-here/?did=83 and still the non DVR remote. I contacted Al and as yet no solultion. To me it looks like the Slingbox isn't receiving the new files for the graphic of the remote. Anybody have any ideas??

Message was edited by: sdihome

• Re: Remote Control for DirecTV HR21-700 DVR
          alanrichey42 Master
          the DirecTV remote and enable the grayed out buttons needed to work the DVR.  I'm using Slingplayer ver. 1.5.1.338. I'm using this version because I read on this Forum that the later verison of Slingplayer may be the problem.

I have installed the latest version of the Slingplayer and got simalar results. In the latest version of Slingplayer it has a listing for the DirecTV HR21 but when i pick it and finish the setup and then run the Slingplayer, NO remote will display! If I pick the HR20 I get a remote but the same as above with grayed out DVR control buttons!

Have you checked the menu options  Slingbox > Remote Controls in V1.5 and Connect > Remote Keys in V2.0 to see if you have the wrong remote selected ?

I have installed this "Custome Remote" from  http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/downloads-available-here/?did=83 and still the non DVR remote. I contacted Al and as yet no solultion. To me it looks like the Slingbox isn't receiving the new files for the graphic of the remote. Anybody have any ideas??

Don't remember this, as I would have suggested all of this and you don't mention if you have tried it.   The problem with Custom Remote is that it uses the 'real' code for DirecTV remotes so the correct graphic is displayed.  Unfortunately, that means that if it doesn't find the BIN file, maybe because you put them in the wrongplace, it will simply use the built-in remote, hence your problem.

So try using the attached BIN files instead. Put them in the \SBAV\ folder and rerun the video source setup using S2010. If you are doing the installation incorrectly then it will generate an error message.  if it works you will get the Sling default satellite graphic which DOES have DVR functionality.