3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2011 12:37 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

"No Manufacture" when I try setup

Kicker96fs

I have reset my slingbox Pro, start the setup, enter password, it see's it on the network (ports not open yet, I have tried this with ports open as well),

Live screen shot is showing, it wants to know who's box it is  connected to and what model, I pick PVR, the box below it says "no manufacture".

I pick ANYTHING, Cable box, Sat., doesn't matter, I type in Motorolla DCT3416, says no such thing!

HELP!!!!!

I have tried reseting many times and starting over, I have used Firefox, tried Explorer 8, says it is not supported(?) Tried Windows 7 on my other computer and get the same results as the first part of this post.

DOUBLE HELP!!!

• Re: "No Manufacture" when I try setup
          alanrichey42 Master

Sorry to spoil your day, but you will find this is a regular symptom that is reported on this forum.  Sometimes a factory reset cures it, but in the majority of a cases it is a sign the box has failed internally.

Kicker96fs

Factory reset? Does that mean I have to send it back?

I found another thing. After I posted the above message here, I found that there is a stand alone program called "Slingwatch", try to find that on this site! I had to download it from Cnet. I then ran the setup from that program and it tells me that the slingbox is not intended for use in the USA and may not work!!!!!

WHAT THE HECK!!??

So anyways, send it back 'cause it looks like I have a brick at this point?

If so, where do I send it back? My son-in-law gave me this after he upgraded to the Pro HD. This thing crapped out after the second reset AND the factory online firmware update!!!!

alanrichey42 Master

Factory reset? Does that mean I have to send it back?

No, it is called that to differentiate from a soft reset.  You just hold the reset button for much longer and it restores it back to the settings when he left the factory.

I found another thing. After I posted the above message here, I found that there is a stand alone program called "Slingwatch", try to find that on this site! I had to download it from Cnet. I then ran the setup from that program and it tells me that the slingbox is not intended for use in the USA and may not work!!!!!

WHAT THE HECK!!??

Yes, that is the next symptom.  Your box has died.  Rather than me re-iterate the details, read this :  https://community.sling.com/message/4425?tstart=0#4425

It is actually a well-known problem and in the past people have said that Sling Media have replaced their box even though it was of of warranty.  Or this might be an urban myth, don't know.

Al