13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2011 5:03 AM by tvwillie Branched to a new discussion. RSS

slingbox seems frozen ?

mtaa

I couple of days ago my slingbox disconnected from my network and was connecting and disconnecting over and over, then it disconnected all

together. I thought it was maybe my router so I reset it and reconfigured it but it still did the same thing, I decided to reset the slingbox on the back

and now it showing the activity lights ( upside down horseshoe ) on solid, looks frozen, anyone know what I can do to fix this ?

Thx.. Mark-

• Re: slingbox seems frozen ?
          maharajaverma

I have a similar problem that happened at around the same time...What kind of router do you have?

cschua

Hi,

I had similar problem. Have you solved the problem?

Can the factory restore it if we send back ?

Regards,

maharajaverma

I love my pro-hd, but the poor cs has put a bitter taste in my mouth. I'll eventually get another slingbox if this is a brick, but not until they do some upgrades to the device. If you think about it, the pro-hd itself has been out for more than a couple of years now, I hope they're working on a new one.

Apprentice

Hi mtaa and all, I suggest you reset the Slingbox and configure it again using Setup.slingbox.com.

rcoven22

I have a similar problem.  All lights stay on.  Reset and/or power off/on doesn't do anything.  Lights just stay frozen on, no matter what.  You can't go through setup because the box can't be found.  Can't watch because of error W200.  Checked forum threads, checked all connections, IP addr in range of AP Extreme, every other device on the net has Internet access ... etc ... etc.

cool8man

I am having the same problem, my Slingbox Pro-HD is frozen and the reset button does nothing. The "n" light and power light just stay solid, they don't blink at all. Pulling the plug and putting it back in does nothing either, it just goes immediately back to solid lights.

richrediker

I had this same issue (frozen HD Slingbox) and bought a new one. I just changed the box out connecting all of the cables and power supply from the old box to the new box. The new one then did the exact same thing. It froze with the upside down U on. I then used the new power supply and BOTH the old box and the new box now work with the new power supply. So the culprit was simply the power supply.

tvwillie

My SlingBox froze as well and I substituted another power supply and all was well. I think SlingBox should be able to make a power supply that would remain viable for the life of the product or at a minimum should replace same at no cost. What say you, SlingBox?

• Power Supply Bites The Dust
                            tvwillie

Dear SlingBox Support,

My oldest SlingBox has had a power supply failure. Substituting my other power supply solved the problem. Don't you think your power supplys should last for the life of the product and if so, will you send me a new supply at no charge so I can continue to talk favorably about your products.

William Mason